Skip to content

Discuss This Brands Hatch BSB: Hill takes championship in photo finish British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Brands Hatch BSB: Hill takes championship in photo finish

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Brands Hatch BSB: Hill takes championship in photo finish

Tommy Hill has won the 2011 British Superbike championship after beating John Hopkins in the final race of the season by six thousandths of a second. With just two points separating the pair going into the race, each rider knew all he had to do wrap up the title was finish ahead of the other. Hill was stuck behind Hopkins for the majority of the race...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 October 2011 17:50)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

todays racing is the best ive seen, ive been following racing for 35 years and today was the best racing ive ever seen,seeley winning the supersport,and tommy hill winning bsb,gotta feel sorry for hopper tho

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

shoot out

shoot out rules don't find favour with everbody, but don't think anyone could argue its been a hell of a championship, I was cheering for hopper and was a bit gutted but tommy hill is a worthy champ. BSB makes motogp and wsb look pretty dull and some credit must go to Stuart Higgs and the other organisers for creating forward thinking rules.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

well done

To Seeley and Hill for their championships but got to feel sorry for Hopper especially losing out in the second race through no fault of his own!

Thats the cruelty of racing though!

Reply to this Topic
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

If this, if that..

blah blah. IF it had been run under old rules, IF Hopper hadn't crashed at Brno, IF Hill hadn't gone down on somebody else's oil. All these imponderables are an irrelevance. What stands is what goes into the record books, which will show that Tommy Hill is the 2011 British Superbike Champion. And why? Because he brought it on the day, when he needed to. A champion's ride, if ever there was one. So congratulations to him, commiserations to Hopkins, and well done to all for putting on such a great show this year.

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

Go Yamaha

AMA superbike champion, WSB sportbike champion, BSB superbike champion, and hopefully, WSB superbike 2nd and 3rd, and MotoGP 2nd and 5th at least (a 3rd if they get lucky). Not too bad of a season all things considered.. Awesome racing all year round in BSB.. GO BLUE...

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Tommy Hill - Man of the Year

BSB

Superb racing all season and well done to TH. What is he doing next year because on the right bike I believe he could follow Toseland and become WSBK Champion. He should be MCN Man of the Year.

Hopkins has been superb and a real joy to have in BSB. My memory of him will be at Oulton Park in July, Cresting the rise of Clay Hill with the bike weaving as he puts yet more power down. And it was Wet. Awesome. Whatever he does, I wish him every success and he now has the backing of the most loyal fans. The British.

Well done to Shane Byrne. Another Great Rider.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fine championship from a couple of down and outers

Both Hill and Hopkins have had more than their fair share of tough years in racing. More often than not of their own doing. But both in their own way have matured remarkably.

Hill to be so close last year, change marques to the Yamaha once more, shows real battling character.  It's taken a while but he's learnt racecraft and the value of bringing it home. Congratulations to the man for his very derserved title.

Hopper. It's taken him this long but he's finally putting the preparation and mental attitude required to compete at the top together with his undoubted natural talent. I never expected him to be in this thing this year, but it shows what a bit of mental fortitude can do. ´Well done on picking himself up by the bootstraps. He deserves to be back on the world stage in this mindset.

Byrne. Did little wrong all year but Bruncvik sums the situation up very well.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Black Tiger 1050

Aug 08

BSB Rocks.....

No denying the shoot out was just that but you do have to feel for Hopper, the guy must be gutted... Tommy Hill has been showing real champion qualities throughout the season - I just hope he stays in BSB to defend it? Brilliant to see Shakey where he should be - leading... reminded me of his two victories as a wildcard at Brands in the 2003 WSB, how I wish I'd been there yesterday! Can't wait for next season already........ oh well, back to moto gp I guess for my fix, yawn! PS, can we have Seeley back in the main class next year, top rider ! ! !

Reply to this Topic
stonerfan

Apr 11

stonerfan says:

stroppy Hopper

sounds like pot calling the kettle black from OxonJohn.maybe its cause i'm a Stonerfan! compare Ben Wilson to stropper! Ben was equally gutted but made an effort to give an interview.by contrast,Stropper gave nothing more than a grunt- what a consumate professional! hope he gets his ride in moto gp for finishing second,pity Tommy Hill doesn't for being the winner.

Reply to this Topic
R30Paul

Jul 08

R30Paul says:

Hats off to Hopper...

What a blinding Last Meeting, Last Race, Last Lap, Last Corner, Edge-of-ya-seat, spill-ya-beer race!
Not a fan of the Shootout rules, especially the In-Race qualifying for a grid position next race, and not a great fan of Tommy Hill, but well done after the anguish of last year, and the heart felt tribute to Craig Jones... but would of prefered Hopper to get the title... hopefully he will go well in Sepang.
But, I am a big fan of bike racing and BSB is still the Dogs Bollox!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices