Skip to content

Discuss This Australia MotoGP: Birthday boy Casey Stoner overjoyed at title success MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australia MotoGP: Birthday boy Casey Stoner overjoyed at title success

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Australia MotoGP: Birthday boy Casey Stoner overjoyed at title success

It’s hard to imagine life getting any better for Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner.He clinched his second MotoGP world title in front of his home crowd at Phillip Island yesterday, his fifth win in a row in Australia also coming on his 26th birthday. He’s also going to be a father for the first time in February and he said: "For...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 October 2011 09:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sutts17

Jan 11

sutts17 says:

PURE CLASS

BY FAR THE BEST RIDER IN THE WORLD!!!!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Well deserved.

Casey on a Honda a very scary thought and thsts what it turned out to be hats off to him he deserved it Honda wanted this championship they sure got it congrats to them but sure Yamaha will be back next year ready to get the title back it belongs in team Blue.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

@ Sutts

Try.. BY FAR THE BEST RIDER TO HAVE EVER RIDDEN A BIKE... PERIOD!!

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

he dominated this year

and is a deserving champion. He's only the fifth rider to win a title for two different manufacturers.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

2011 title

Hugely impressive by Stoner. By contrast,I would rank his 2007 through 2010 achievements even higher with Ducati. This season he had kit equal to what the best of the rest had. In his Ducati years,hindsight proves he was something special. Even in 2007 the mere fact that he won so much is credit to his raw tallent,game and grit. Capirex came oh so close to lifting the 2006 title back then and knew Ducati inside out. He ended 2007 way behind Stoner with one fortuitous,but well gambled win. The lean years ? 2008 through 2010 still saw him wrench podiums and wins aplenty. Its not that 2011 was easy for him by any manner of means. Looking for the right set up with a new bike at every circuit. Database ground zero from circuit to circuit . It must have been tough against the entrenched factory riders at Repsol and the brilliant Lorenzo at Yamaha. However I don't think it was as tough for him as it was carrying 'Alien rank' within Ducati ranks. I don't see things changing much next season. Spies and Simmo will lift their game and consistency. Dovi will be a thorn in all their sides here and there. Dani will be Dani and the remaining big guns will be Stoner and Lorenzo... The two surviving aliens of the 800 era to carry the alien tag into 1000cc and 2012.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

He is up there with the greats now and Honda could dominate with him for some years to come now. As long as they get the 1000CC bike right of course.

Reply to this Topic
rossichamp

Jun 11

rossichamp says:

i'll admitt

i don't like him, i dont like his race craft, i dont like his personality, i dont like his arrogance and i dont like the team he rides for. that said he has with out a doubt dominated this year, made pedrosa look like a rookie, brought rossi back to earth and forced lorenzo to ride out of his skin. he is a deserved champion and i dont see him loosing his crown for a few years to come. i think we may have just seen the start of the stoner years.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

It just shows.

One thing in my eyes he has taken that number one spot away from the golden boy at Repsol Pedrosa he has being riding that bike for five years and won no title then there you have Stoner first season on that bike and a deserving champion but like I say next year Yamaha will be back and hopefully we see some racing because most of the races this season have been dull.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

Summed up

I'd say rossichamp summed it up perfectly. A deserved champion, well done.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

rossichamp

My 'hero' is Steady Eddie Lawson. No frills, no gimmicks, very few laughs but he got on with the job that he was employed to do. Boring to watch to some, masterful to others.

Vale, with his personality certainly raised the sports image and brought MotoGp into the minds of many more people, but when he's gone we'll revert to the norm again. There are a few countries that avidly follow bike racing but this is a minority sport and seemingly always will be. Shame............ imo.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices