Skip to content

Discuss This Hiroshi Aoyama devastated by team-mate Marco Simoncelli’s death MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Hiroshi Aoyama devastated by team-mate Marco Simoncelli’s death

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Hiroshi Aoyama devastated by team-mate Marco Simoncelli’s death

Japanese rider Hiroshi Aoyama has spoken of his sorrow at the death of San Carlo Gresini Honda team-mate Marco Simoncelli during yesterday’s Sepang MotoGP race in Malaysia. The Italian lost his life after sustaining major head, neck and chest trauma in a second lap crash that involved Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi. Simoncelli lost control of his factory RC212V machine at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 October 2011 16:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Gresini Honda jinx

The irony of it. Kato and Gibernau back then. Simonchelli and Aoyama now.  Highest profile tragedies in 990 and 800.

I'm of the opinion San Carlo Gresini will and must race at Valencia. They will. Probably just with Hiro.

And yes wosideg, I for one find your speculation distastefull at this time. One of Ross's best mates dies and you are campaigning less than 72 hours later for him to jump ship and show the world that he can do with the Honda what Simmo manfully tried to, but didn't, with the RC212V heading into 1000cc RC213V, GP12,1000 M1 era.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

They sure will.

Race at Valencia but every team will have a minutes slience in memory of what happened yesterday and if they don't attend I wont blame them.

Reply to this Topic
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

They should Race.

I wouldn't blame them if they chose not to and I doubt anyone else would.

But I think they should race. Even if for no reason other then to Honour Marco.

And Wosi, I agree life goes on. But speculations such as that could pehaps be best left untill A later date and a post that relates to the team's future plans. Rather then a post about Hiro's grief.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

wosideq

Its ok mate , your only saying what alot of people will be thinking. I doubt that there will be a works honda for the gresini team as it was to keep Marcos obvious talent within the honda fold. If theres no young and up and coming rider to put on it who can mount a challenge like marco they wont hand out a full factory bike.

Supersic IMO was on the verge of true alien status, the fight in the man to never give in was there for all to see. Tragically if he'd of let go of the bike yesterday instead of trying to stand it back up he would have slipped harmlessly into the grave trap.

But that wasnt his nature and i'l always remember what a fearless warrior on a bike he was and smile. 

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Half wit

I didn't find Simmo's death half witty either. Dry eyed as ever. San Carlo Gresini have to get on with it in Valencia.  Of course everyone is speculating about that factory ride. No need to advertise the speculation and preference on an Aoyama thread right now.

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

carcleanerboy

Just to point out Marco's bike regriped thats why he started to drift across the track as he was basically fallen off but the bike regrips and he hanging on with his long limbs but could'nt get it stood up again. I hope that clears that up. Yes he was a fighter and never give'd up its a real shame he had to go that way that could of been any rider on that grid. You just can't write that sort of thing to happen to anyone in bike racing.

If i had to make a guess at who could get a ride at San carlo team it would be Bautista he was showing signs of class towards the end of the season on the sack of crap we call a Suzuki so i'd personally like to see him ride on Marco's factory bike for next year.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

mikeyy

Youve pretty much just agree'd with i said, its a split second thing, as the bike regripped with marco laid on the floor it slewd sharply right. slower reactions by a rider and they would have been in the gravel not making the bike regrip. Tragic.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

BIG FAMILY

I see some people are critical of Danny Pedrosa. Danni has come accross as a really quite, nice and sensitive guy and as far as i have read has been to see Marcos father to express his sorrow, I hope no one critisizes any one who has ridden against Marco because all these guys risk their lives when they jump on their bikes.The paddock is like one big family.they might fall out with each other on occasions. but they will all miss Marco and they will always remember him. I just feel so sorry for Colin Edwards and Valantino Rossi and for his distraught girlfriend and family. I for one will miss his aggressive riding style and personality thanks for the memories Marco

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

tragic

i agree with you lads about the regrip, which was a real shame as it would have been an annoying but harmless lowside otherwise.  Just my opinion, but i think at a different track he may have accepted that his race was over, but at sepang he really quietly fancied his chances for a win, and definitely a podium, as he dominated winter testing.  He must have been thinking.... faaack i cant crash out on the second lap...this is my best chance for a win this year.  Anyways a real shame as he was always exciting to watch and will be missed.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

retire #58 and his bike for the final race should be kept on the exit of pit lane then all riders where plain black leathers no sponsors . Gresini should race as respect I'm sure Simo would want that and let's talk about who gets the ride at a later date

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices