Skip to content

Discuss This Tributes to Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tributes to Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Tributes to Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

MCN users, racers and biking celebrities have been leaving their tributes to Marco Simoncelli after the Italian passed away after an accident at the Malaysian MotoGP. MCN was swamped with race fans paying their respects to Marco Simoncelli. Here is just a selection of the comments. jnh-hrc07: It's so sad that as fans and spectators we will never get to see his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 October 2011 12:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

r.i.p marco

his aggressive style made him great to watch alittle crazy at times but that was marco.a champion for the future cut short.im glad his father was there with his son at the end he doesnt leave this earth alone..#58 farewell

Reply to this Topic
Redpastyboy

Jul 09

Redpastyboy says:

R.I.P. Marco

I just wanted to pay my respects to Marco. It's strange that the death of someone I've never met could make me feel the way I have been for the past few days. To see the loss of someone so young and talented is hard to come to terms with. He was my favourite rider, being tall myself I've always felt a connection to him. I went to my first MotoGp at Silverstone this year. I will always remember seeing him race but wish the both of us could be there next year. I've found a guy on ebay that has Simoncelli car stickers for sale. Don't worry this isn't some spam message you get on here. All proceeds are going to charities that help those who have suffered injury or loss due to biking accidents. The link is listed below. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260880889142#ht_1884wt_1219 R.I.P Marco

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Still can't believe he's gone.

I was just reading through the brilliant tribute edition of Motor Cycle News and only now is it beginning to sink in that Marco Simoncelli really has passed away.I still can't believe Marco has gone and that we will never see that big grin or even bigger hair around the paddock or on TV again,It's truly awful.Marco was the best thing to happen in Moto GP for the last few years and his recent form would suggest he was starting to get close to a win and could well have acheived that at the Melaysian GP if fate hadn't intervened in the most tragic way.To see him on a 1000cc bike next year was going to be awesome and I think he would have been good on it.Standing at 6 ft 2 he'd probably have been better suited to it .I guess now we will never know for sure and thats another sad point.

RIP Marco,you'll be missed so much by everyone and Moto GP won't be the same again for the rest of us.

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

still cant believe it

when i saw him sliding down the track face first  with no helmet  i was basically in tears   as  i really enjoyed watching him  and the energy he gave moto gp  as he always  fought hard   is a real shame that his  career ended in this way  thoughts go out to his family and friends   

RISING SUPERSTAR 

R.I.P       marco

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Thanks for this. It's very sobering. What these guys do to entertain us is remarkable. A huge talent. He msut have been a lot of fun to be around

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

@davevr46

Excellent comments. I can't believe how those Bridgestones regripped....a very real downside to traction controls.

Reply to this Topic
ryansdad27

Oct 05

ryansdad27 says:

marco simoncelli

l would just like to say my thought go out to marcos friends and family.  Marco was truly the most exciting rider on the moto gp gid and was getting better and better with every race.  l cant believe how the the loss of Marco has affected me, even though we had never met it just feels like l knew him.  Moto gp just wont be the same without him, without any doubt Marco was a world champ in the making,  even my little boy of the age of 7 was upset when l told him what had happened. You will never be forgot Marco, RlP

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

ryansdad27

Wow..... same sentiment exactly from me .... even down to the 7 year old boy...... mine said, "daddy is your favourite motorcycle racer dead"? Although I don't actually have a favourite....... last Monday the answer was, "yes".

Reply to this Topic
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

RIP

Ride in Peace

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Have just watched the video tribute full screen with the sounds up loud and, I have to admit, it bought tears to my eyes, I may have to "Add to favourites"....

Such as sad sad loss to MotoGP, and to the world in general. My thoughts are with your family and friends on this tragic day.

Goodbye #58, thanks for the show you put on for us, it's been emotional....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices