Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha price cut shock New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Yamaha price cut shock

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Yamaha price cut shock

Yamaha has announced dramatic and favourable price reductions on five key 2012 models. The bikes are all 600cc plus and are from several classes including sports, adventure and roadster models. The biggest saving of £1400 is on its flagship sports R1, which, until the announcement at Motorcycle Live, the 2011 model had a list price of £13,528 including On The Road...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 November 2011 13:35)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChaseH

Nov 11

ChaseH says:

Yen

I guess the very strong Yen allows them to grab more market  share while staying revenue neutral with lower prices.  More of this in our immediate future.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Still overpriced

R1. It's still a good £1000 more than a 2012 GSXR1000 or  CBR1000.

Reply to this Topic
byronmorris

Aug 05

byronmorris says:

FJR 1300

Suprised the FJR 1300 is not on this list. There can't be many people who are prepared to pay £15k for one.

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

Hmmm

Can't believe that Yamaha is struggling so much to sell bikes - great news for any of us in the market for a new stead... I was planning on going shopping in early 2012 - wonder if the discounts will come to South Africa.

Reply to this Topic
bladeboy077

Oct 09

bladeboy077 says:

Nothing like not selling bikes for the people at Yamaha to realise that they had priced themselves out of reality .

A stunt like this kills the second market and does nothing to the goodwill of the sucker who did buy a 2010 model at the overinflated price .

All round a good move from Yamaha .

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

this is a bit late im the day yamaha as your prices have stop me and others i know who bough a new bike from getting a yamaha and its now winter and i dont think too many 600cc + machines will be bough now

Reply to this Topic
rossired

Jul 07

rossired says:

price cut shock- my arse

A tiny £400 off a brand new R6 you can get more than that off with good old fashioned bartering, hardly something to write home about.

Reply to this Topic
LukeZX6

May 09

LukeZX6 says:

Price cut

With respect I think they had no choice, Yamaha are the most expensive bike manufacturer out of the big four. I'm not lucky enough to have rode any of the new thou's but judging on reviews etc the R1 isnt up to the zx10r or s1000r performance so other than being a thourough bred yam man what would be your incentive to spend more money on a lesser (using the term loosely!) bike?

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

A grand...

...for ABS on an FZ8. They're still dreaming then eh?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

UK vs. US pricing?

UK MSRP for the YZF-R1 is £12,128 = $18,933 (22/11/2011).

Here in the US MSRP for the YZF-R1 ranges from $13,990 to $14,490, depending on paint scheme.

Why the difference of 36% more in the UK?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices