Skip to content

Discuss This MCN's multinational protest reaches Brussels General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN's multinational protest reaches Brussels

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

MCN's multinational protest reaches Brussels

Riders from the UK, France and Belgium have arrived at the European Commission headquarters. MAG chairman Ian Mutch, the BMF's government relations head Chris Hodder and MCN's Steve Farrell have each addressed the crowd. Said Farrell: "People can question whether protests like this make a difference, but we can be certain that nothing will be achieved by sitting at home."  The protestors will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 November 2011 14:05)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brassneck

Sep 11

brassneck says:

if the manufactures are behind some of the anti tampering, then no prob, dont by a new bike let them make em and store em, buy second hand and save a fortune on new, cant see why we should buy a new bike and then they still have control over it, errrrmm dont think so

Reply to this Topic
Panchdara

Feb 08

Panchdara says:

The EC is ANTI-progress

What the hell are they thinking???!!! By making these rules they will effectively be putting many, many small companies out of business.. it will have a ripple effect that will perpetuate through the entire mechanical, shipping, maintenace and manufacturers infrastructure. So many jobs will be at stake, so many people will have a corrupt sytem dictate how we live. The EC is a failure, complete failure. If the manufacturers (Honda, Suzuki, Triumph, BMW, Ducati, Aprillia etc) allow this to happen then I'd advise all their shareholders to sell!!!

The EC has f@cked up Europe and wants to f@CK IT EVEN MORE.!!!

Goodnight from Bermuda... Hugh

Reply to this Topic
DESMOHEAD

Aug 03

DESMOHEAD says:

Tampering

I think that anti-tampering is a great idea!

In other words, the EC should be 'disassembled' to stop it's rediculous 'tampering' with everyone and everything in Britain!

GO AWAY EC! THE EXPERIMENT FAILED!

Reply to this Topic
ciaran2

Sep 09

ciaran2 says:

Anti-biking legisation

The current EC proposed legislation is simply a further effort to marginalise motorcyling and motorcyclists. I started on 'bikes more than 50 years ago, have always maintained my machines myself (don't trust anyone else to do it properly) and will not buy a machine that I cannot look after myself, indeed I would consider it an infringement of my rights. I am happy to wear 'dayglo' gear if compelled - though I wonder how effective that would be given the partially sighted motorists I still encounter. It makes me think of the effect that ABS has had - that motorists now drive with the mentality that one can travel faster into hazards because one has more control over stopping - I know this because of the prevalence of large BMW's and the like sitting on the back of my 'bike in fast traffic.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Why not cagers?

Can someone explain why the EU is so keen on reducing or eliminating motorcycle use, when motorcyclists are primarily only a danger to themselves (and their pillion, if they have one)?  They should be getting as many cagers as possile off the roads instead, as they pose a great danger to other road users, including pedestrians.

One more motorcycle = one less car.

Reply to this Topic
Max900

Nov 11

Max900 says:

Excellent Day

i was one of the attendee's and thought it was a pretty good turn out about 150 bikes (plus about 50 pillions) considering its the end of november and  a work day well done to those that attended the weather was magnificent from when i got of the train all day the local police were brilliant and very proffessional and the few people i managed to speak to were having a good time, hopefully we have managed to sway a few opinions in the EU to stop the bill in its tracks so we can get back to more important things like riding our bikes :)

Reply to this Topic
suebutty

Nov 11

suebutty says:

Legal Aspect?!

Can it not be demonstrated that this is a form of In-Direct Age Discrimination? as there are a larger amount of younger riders rather than car drivers? Just a thought! We need to be able to look at all aspects and possible challenges to this stupid plan to make having two wheels more difficult and expensive!!

Reply to this Topic
AllJsbikerfam

Nov 11

What a great ride out Brussels & back to Kent, Hundreds of bikes,Great People Friendly Rozzers, Lets hope they take notice that the BRITS will not be dictated too !! Leave our bikes alone........... ;) When's the next Protest Ride lol

Reply to this Topic
AllJsbikerfam

Nov 11

What a fantastic protest ride, which was our first time in Brussels. It does obviously suffer from its fair share of foreigners, but that said so does every foreign country.
The reception from the indigenous population was brilliant, the attitude of the Belgium version of the Old Bill was professional, proficient and pitched just right.
They say that a picture paints a thousand words and they say that the proof is in the pudding. Well should anybody require justification for today’s protest ride, just look at the variety of motorbikes that were present, both modified and standard? Just look at the variety of bikers that were present, both modified and standard? Point made, nuff said!
The only down side to the whole day for me was, the fact that I had to go to france TWICE!
More than compensated though by sidecar man and his two wheel departure from the petrol station, which was up there with any James Bond Film stunt. QUALITY!

Reply to this Topic
alanbromiley

Mar 07

alanbromiley says:

just got home,great day nice to see so many make it across from england,I got as far bastogne when the fog descended so decided to stop over, up this morning to a sunny day so had a nice ride back home,any of you ever fancy coming down to vosges the roads are great,just look up www,motorhotel.eu, 1st beers on me.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices