Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere long-term test review First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere long-term test review

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere long-term test review

MCN’s WSB reporter Michael Guy has covered approximately 8000 miles on the Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere riding across Europe to cover WSB races at the Nurburgring and Magny-Cours, along the length of the UK to explore Devon and Cornwall, on the daily commute and even venturing off-road. After spending much of the year riding the Super Tenere, Michael reviews the bikes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 December 2011 17:33)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
StrykerG1

Dec 11

StrykerG1 says:

Turn off ABS

I thought you could turn off the ABS?

www.youtube.com/watch

Reply to this Topic
mb4807

May 10

mb4807 says:

Excellent review

Once again an excellent review from Michael. MCN should try to utilise him more for this sort of thing, or he should get a job on TV. Quite clear though he was more taken with last years KTM long-termer than with the big Yam.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Great review indeed. Keep up the good work.

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

Super Ten

Good balanced, coherent and informative review. Although I agree that a bit more spark from the motor might have been good, having a bland easy engine never hurt sales of the Africa Twin or the original XTZ750.

Reply to this Topic
osmanaltug

Aug 02

osmanaltug says:

will you compare with gs an ktm

as ı remember yr sparkling eyes and exited voice asbout the ktm 990 you had last year

so pls compare.

Reply to this Topic
mjaldridge74

Jun 09

mjaldridge74 says:

errrr

Errrrr.....  Errrrrmmmm......

Reply to this Topic
MrMRG

Jul 10

MrMRG says:

Good enought

Power isn't everything with this type of machine but would like to se it go head to head with the GS 

Reply to this Topic
riffraff evans

Oct 07

XT 1200 review

Have MCN reviewers ever been trained in the discipline of "objective comparison & analysis"?This review tells much about various accessories but misses much more about the bike itself.

1.Would it be an idea to use the correct model #.It is a XT1200Z!

2. 8000 miles?How many of those were off road?How many potential customers will exploit the off road capabilities?I seem to have learnt more in 800 miles. 

2.1 What about the brilliant stock suspension suitable for on & off road riding

2.2 What about the excellent transmission & "backlash free"shaft drive

2.3 What about the excellent ergonomics & pillion capacity? 

2.4 What about the excellent tank range?

2.5 What about the on road brilliance of the interdependent ABS system, especially when two up?

2.6 What about the omission of standard heated grips & gear indicator.

2.7 What about the engine's torque

3.Isn't it about time that MCN employed real target customers to evaluate products & compared them against competitors' offerings?

May I thank your Mr Guy & your previous reviewer for depressing the OTR price of such a splendid machine.In my opinion it makes a BMW R1200GS feel quite agricultural & old fashioned. 

Reply to this Topic
docdyson

Sep 11

docdyson says:

Sat Nav

Where can I buy that sat nav mount - I can't find it on the net?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices