Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden suffers fresh injury blow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden suffers fresh injury blow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden suffers fresh injury blow

Nicky Hayden is facing a race to be fit for the first MotoGP test of 2012 in Sepang at the end of January after he suffered another injury blow while training two days after Christmas. The American was riding at a private indoor flat track facility near his home in Kentucky when he was involved in a ‘freak accident’ and broke...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 December 2011 11:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Hey Buelligan...Up Yours

I read about the indoor track part.  I'm refering to 2 other times Nicky broke himself up in the off season.  1 MX related, the other woods related.

How many other riders in GP have screwed up their chances in the upcoming season because of dirt related injury.  Quite a few the past 5 years.  Sure they healed but they struggled all year and couldn't contend for the title.  Do you really think their employers were happy about them not being contenders?  I doubt it.  So, it's a valid point.

Quite a few other professional sports have clauses like this.  When a player injures themselves and can't play or is a hiderance to the rest of the team, they're no use to the franchise.  The team owner wants to win, not be an "also played."  Same with moto.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

why not say then?

Other times dont really matter now.
I accept what you say but the riders have to train and what Nicky was doing would normally benefit him.
Its just a shame the accident happened but as he said it was a freak one and obviously a bit unlucky.
I reckon these guys know more than us what helps them for the coming season and I am sure Ducati knew all about it!
What are they supposed to do...sit back and relax and just hope for the best?

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

I feel your love and i'm feeling all warm and cuddely inside.

Lets cut the bullshit out he was racing around his track with his mates and his mate was beating him. Hayden being a racer flew past him either clipped his mate or his mate thought " Fuck you Hayden you always beat me I'm going to beat you " and clipped him. Freakish accident my arse there's the old saying "Boys will be Boys" .

We have all made up bullshit stories to not get in to trouble with the folks . Mine was the day I got my lisence I went through KFC drive thru hit the lamp post while eating my chips dented the car told my dad that someone backed into me while it was parked in the car park. The look on my dad's face was "Yeah Right sure you did".

Do you feel closer now Buell that Iv'e shared a childhood memory?

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

GYTR

Hayden was only about 7 points shy of Rossi this year.... that was a good run considering. Hayden was happier last year on the Duke though. Hayden did do one better on Rossi, errrr 2006 was it? :) As for not dirt riding what is the point of living the dream? Like saying you are not allowed to do the best form of training for your profession which includes having fun. Your far more at risk on the public roads! X2, what if your employer stipulated you were not allowed out on your bike at weekends? This isn't no fun F1, hell let's say I run a scaffolding firm and try and tell the lads they can't have a few drinks at the end of a hard day? Might twist an ankle popping out for a fag? Oh noooo.... a couple weeks off on the sick. Life is for living at least that is what most of us work for. Kill joys to your Playstations please.... that's it, ease yourselves back in your chair, if you crash you just hit start again. Doesn't get any better than that does it?

Reply to this Topic
2vforeva

Sep 11

2vforeva says:

ARE WE ALL MISSING SOMTHING?

Hell guys, he crashed at a private indoor flattrack! Where is my nearest one? I demand an inquiry!

Scapula and ribs. Two bones that no plating etc can help with, and hurt like hell when you laugh, sneeze and cough, bugger it breath!

Get better fast Nicky!

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

Seems reasonable to me

Profession? Motorcycle racer.

Best training regime? Riding a motorcycle.

Or is it not that simple?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

WWB Hayden did get the better of Rossi in some of the races in 2011 such as Silverstone where he set the fastest lap could have challenged Edwards for the podium since it was wet where the Ducati works well not to mention for the first time he also beat him in the dry at Germany there was another race where Rossi had to dig hard to fend his team-mate off Laguna Seca.

Reply to this Topic
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

nicky

I bet he won't use his injury as an excuse he's a hard man.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

training!

Firstly cheers WWB and OJ for your realistic view on training.
What happened to the best avatar on this forum Willie?

noshow cuddly has no E by the way!
And why most times when these riders tell a story which has probably been changed anyway do some not believe it!
Some of us do tell the truth you know!

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

Spot The Difference.

Would anyone really notice,{ apart from his dad },if Nicky didn`t turn up next season.He had his moment of glory 6yrs ago.He will never win a race again,{not that he won very often},more than Colin ever did,{ 0 },but I rate him about the same.They were both ex team-mates of VR,one still is,AGAIN,so we all know they can`t be that good.Other wise they wouldn`t be allowed in the same garage.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices