Skip to content

Ask an Expert NON road legal end can Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > NON road legal end can

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Oct 11

Posts: 264

jimmywiz says:

NON road legal end can

What would happen if you get found to have a non road legal end can - the one i want is from china ( bike is chinese ) but its not got a road legal stop but is doesn't have a race stamp ether. 

what would happen if i got pulled over 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 January 2012 18:15)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Aug 02

Posts: 468


"...but its not got a road legal stop but is doesn't have a race stamp..."

I'll have a pint of what he's drinking. :)

Reply to this Topic


Jan 12

Posts: 1

TheBeast1200 says:

NON road legal end can

after they finnish laughing as long as you dont get gobby advise you to change to to a legal one, But I have a bandit 1200 with a Blue Flame end can with baffell removed nothing has happened to me YET :roll eyes:  hope this helps good luck ride safe:wink: 

Reply to this Topic


Feb 09

Posts: 4771

philehidiot says:


if it's not road legal they'll just give you the usual £30 for anything on your vehicle which constitutes an MOT failure.

They may give you a VRN - vehicle rectification notice where you must present evidence that the work has been done at a cop shop.

Alternatively they'll let you off if you're not stupid / a wanker.

There is an issue if you're on a CBT. If that exhaust increases your bhp you may find yourself driving other than in accordance with your licence which also invalidates your insurance. Obviously proving that means dynoing your bike which is very, very unlikely. It's usually not worth the bother as you'll also have to tell your insurance company as it's a modification.

What is the purpose of the exhaust? If it's to increase power then, regardless of legal issues it's just not worth the money trying to improve a 125. The best thing you can do is get your test done before the tossers change it - once directive three comes in, it'll be easier and there'll be less paperwork involved getting into the Chernobyl power station. Then you can sell your 125 and get a bigger bike. You might also consider that when you come to sell your 125, a modified one suggests it is more likely to have been hammered. This makes it harder to sell and less valuable than just a standard bike.

Save your money - the cost of that exhaust will see you to a much better motorcycle.

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices