Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati cagey on GP12 changes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati cagey on GP12 changes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati cagey on GP12 changes

Ducati technical guru Filippo Preziosi did a great job of revealing very little about the radical new GP12 Desmosedici that Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden will debut when winter testing kicks off at the Sepang track in Malaysia on January 31. In a press conference that lasted close to an hour at Ducati’s 2012 launch at the Madonna di Campiglio ski...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 January 2012 16:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Serjuna

Mar 11

Serjuna says:

GOOD LUCK

I realy hope to see vale and hayden competitive.

can´t wait for the action

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

I bet

that JB pulled out all the blue print he brought/stole from Yamaha and Honda to build this all new bike again. I fully expect Rossi to do well immediately.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

And the best angle ?

L-4,no need for balance shafts,fly wheel and sundry. Prolly rotated it backwards to centralize mass a la Honda. Final modification required.............Riders,Fellipo.

Success :Taglioni L-twin Desmodue, Bordi L-twin Desmoquattro, Preziosi L-4 Desmosedici.

Rock on !

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

If

with all these adjustments now available to Rossi/Burgess, if he, Rossi, can't put this bike on the podium every race, win some, and be challenging for  the championship and I hope he can, then it's time to call it a day at Ducati! There can't be any excuses now!!Ciao

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Well he has contradicted himself well here

Preziosi used to say the D16 engine was right in the middle of its adjustability range. Although admittedly I think he said this in 2010.  

As much as anything I want to know what capacity ducati will be running. Will it be the rumoured 930cc or a full fat 1 litre as with Yamaha and Honda?

As Bootlegger says though the biggest problem 2011 was running out of adjustment with the lead rider as he was at the extreme end of his talent and couldn't do anymore to bridge the gap to the more talented Aliens.

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

spoilt kid

Preziosi is a spoilt kid. Pound for pound the twin is outdated needing an entire 200cc more to compete. Take a look at the complexity of the Panigale. Tradition does not translate into winning. Hondas attempt at twins beat Ducati 2 out of 3 and then their twin project was canned. Ducati can have the pleasure of tradition, jst stop complaining when the only way your 2nd division squad can only win in the premier division is wth 2 extra players. For the clowns &their clever comments, japanese have been developing cradle frames for decades yet every year still test numerous frames each with multiple adjustability for engine position. The chances Ducati get it right 1st time out are slim. Expect Ducati to improve &beat Yamaha but to start winning.. Tough ask, the Honda is on the right development path &Stoner is determined.

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Milkybars

Yes, Honda and Yamaha are well known as clumsy companies who keep their blue prints on the table by the tools for every one to see. LOL

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

A rock and a hard place

The rock (millstone) is the traditional Ducati engine/chassis which has a lot of pedigree but not much chance of winning anything at the moment.  Maybe it's the spec tyres or lack of flexibility, but in the end it doesn't matter because without Stoner on board it can't win and struggles to podium.

The hard place is compromising the "we are different" approach to build a bike that can be set-up in much the same way as Honda and Yamaha.  VR and JB know very well how to get the most out of that architecture, so while they will start behind the 8-ball they should be able to get close to the action pretty quickly.

Preziosi has no problems doing whatever it takes to win and is happy to let the marketing guys spin it into a positive story for their street models.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

THANK YOU!!!!

NOW WE CAN SEE A NEW DUCAMAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE ROSSI  NOT MOANING ABOUT THE BEASTY (BEAST BITCHY) ANYMORE HE YEARN SO LONG.

LOL.

DON'T CALL IT BEASTY ANYMORE CAUSE MAYBE THE NEW MODIFY WAS AT THE BACK OF THE BIKE WITH SOME BIG "HOLE" AT END OF IT. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Jacka$$

Why can't Ducati get with the times and use 'industry standard' technology without being accused of turning their bike into a Japanese knock-off? The stressed member concept was flawed because it lacked adjustability and any changes to the chassis usually required a new engine - I'm glad to see the back of it... ___________________________________________________________________________ All of the bikes would still be running around on twin-shocks if some of the cretins on here had there way...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices