Skip to content

Discuss This Rea and Aoyama conclude successful three day Phillip Island test World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Rea and Aoyama conclude successful three day Phillip Island test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Rea and Aoyama conclude successful three day Phillip Island test

The Honda World Superbike squad of Jonathan Rea and Hiroshi Aoyama wrapped up three days of successful testing at Phillip Island today. The team enjoyed hot, but sometimes windy conditions during their private test where both riders got fully dialled into their new 2012 specification bikes. For Rea it was a massive contrast to a pre-season test at the track 12 months...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 January 2012 10:35)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Rea

It would be great to see rea put together a strong consistent season! With some luck and no crashes he could bring home the championship.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Good test I reckon this season in the WSBK championship will be very interesting not to mention Rea could be one of the contenders for the title if things go his way.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

It will take a lot of hard work (as they are doing now) and more than a fair share of good fortune for Rea to take the WSN crown on what, is essentially, a four year old bike. Rea is in my view a second a lap faster than most of the WSN field and that, plus signing a MotoGP man as team mate, is what will enable Honda to continue to play at the front on the same model that James Toseland won on.   

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

oooh, a whole second??

dont know about that. a second's like an hour in racing, and to say in terms of talent / ability he is a full second quicker than the likes of checa / melandri / biaggi (when all are on form) is pushing it a bit. Granted, he hasnt been on the best machinery this last couple of years but he's another - although not quite so exaggerated - Kiyonari in my opinion. Or maybe Dani Pedrosa would be a better comparison. Untouchable one weekend at one track, but struggling the next. Consistency brings home that trophy and unfortunately, I just dont think johnny has it. I'm sure if the package he's had was better, his consistency would improve, but who knows. Checa's going to be tough to beat again this year - even with the weight gain on the ducatis - but if there's any brit that's gonna throw up some surprises this year I think it'll be Laverty. Kid's a smart smart rider and worth a punt as an outsider imo. And if the Crescent Suzuki team settle in quickly, you can never write of Hopper either. Would love to see him up the sharp end this year. He's just had that finger chopped, so at least he'll be a bit lighter lol

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

future champion

Jonathan Rae has got to be one of the tips for the WSB championship..Ive followed him for some time and to me he is one of the top 5 riders in the world and that includes moto gp. I would love to see him in motogp on a competitive bike because as an outright racer theirs no better. He proved at the end of last season they they seem to have the Honda sorted ..... Should be a brilliant season next year with checca, laverty , davis and Hopkins all in with a shout I FOR ONE CANT WAIT

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Looking forward to this one

Out of the 3 Championships that I follow, BSB, WSBK and MOTO GP, for me this will be the interesting one this year. I think Rea is an outsider on this bike and his previous seasons. Must be a make or break year for Haslam on the BMW. Could stand an outside chance. Biaggi is of course a possibility as you can never rule him out, although I think he peaked in 2010 and didn't really show th esame form last season. Checa obviously has to be up there. However if they can get the bike right, I think 'The Hopper' is the favourite. Whoever takes it, you can guarantee a great season in WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
assen03

Dec 08

assen03 says:

@ Ivebeenthehero : It's not the same model that Toseland rode!

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

I'll stick my neck out...

Top 5. 1: checa. 2: hopkins. 3: laverty. 4: biaggi. 5: rea It's so so difficult to gauge the bmws because if they get them sorted ud be crazy to not include haslam and melandri within a top 5 prediction (or at least one of them!). But they're such an unknown quantity still. For me Checa is going to be nye on impossible to beat this year. The speed and consistency last season would, I think, have been enough to rock even former champs like Baylis and Edwards if they were on track together. The man was a class act last year. But knowing hopper like I know him, he's one determined little bastad and superb at learning tracks / riding around problems with a bike, he's gotta be up there too. Can't wait for it all to kick off either :-)))

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hopper favourite ?!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Good luck to the Anglo Septic breaking into the top six in this class. Me thinks a season of BSB has clouded all your judgements.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Hopper favourite maybe for a top four finish but the title is a long shot for him I reckon it'll be a race between the two Italian manufactuers old team-mates from their GP days Checa and Biaggi Rea is a good shout too thats just my opinion.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices