Skip to content

Ask an Expert topfix panel adhesive/ repair stuff Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > topfix panel adhesive/ repair stuff

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

topfix panel adhesive/ repair stuff

Anyone had any experience using this stuff .... i have some panels missing lugs and have previously used q bond and have had some decent results but it seems a bit brittle

topfix products

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 January 2012 14:05)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wally34

Dec 11

wally34 says:

top fix

I used topfix last year to repair a side panel lug which had snapped clean off .The lug is still in place and i would recommend their products to anyone.Check out first edition of practical superbikes there is afeature on using the product to make a fairing lug.It helps if you have the closest shape possible to the original lug as the home made one may not locate successfully .The topmix goes off very quickly so make sure you have the mould for the lug in the correct position.I will post full instructions if you wish.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

what did

you use for the mould i'm curious

Reply to this Topic
wally34

Dec 11

wally34 says:

top mix

I used a piece of thin cardboard rolled in a tube the exact dimensions of the lug you are trying to replace,then i taped it in place over the broken lug .Dont forget to rub down panel prior to repairing.I then applied the the top mix into the preformed tube and waited for 10minutes before shaping the hardened product with a dremmel to as near the original as possible.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

cool

sounds like a good idea .... i did have that copy of practical sportsbikes but sold it on ebay ....got 25 quid for it .... kinda wishing i hadn't now though

Reply to this Topic
wally34

Dec 11

wally34 says:

top mix

not to worry,just go for it i had to do mine twice to get it 100%.Make sure you get the angle of the mould to match the original angle of the lug.Good luck.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices