Skip to content

MV-AGUSTA MV Agusta F3 first ride: "tiny, loud and angry" F3 675

You are in... Forums > MV-AGUSTA > F3 675 > MV Agusta F3 first ride: "tiny, loud and angry"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MV Agusta F3 first ride: "tiny, loud and angry"

MCN's senior road tester Michael Neeves is in the south of France for the official launch of the new 675cc MV Agusta F3. It's a critical bike for MV – because it's relatively affordable (at £9999 it's in the same ball-park as rivals) and it could open up a whole new market to them. But, clearly, it has to work. Unfortunately, the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 February 2012 09:32)

Post a message in F3 675

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Speedo007

I agree mate - I'm 6' 1" too and find it difficult to fit on bikes. I also sat on a BKing last year because the local dealership were doing them brand new with the Akrapovic exhausts and power commander for just over 7k.... what a bargain for a brand new bike! I might have had one if i'd have fitted on it! I have to say I tend to stick to Triumph's because they tend to suit people with longer legs...

re the new F3, it's a beautiful bike and I don't think there's anything wrong with the italians building bikes that are great on a track and not so useful on the road. if I had the cash  I probably wouldn't buy one for that reason - but totally respect anyone elses decision to buy one if they wanted a fast track bike. it's horses for courses innit?

Baz

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@Brutale r

Maybe the 910 and 1090 dont share the same leg room, I can't speak for the 910, as I only sat on the 1090 just last week. And yes I do have long legs even if they don't start under my armpits :P

Triumph is indeed one of the brands I fit the best on most of the time (can't recall sitting on one Triumph that didnt have enough leg space). And I'm not sold to one brand, I love all bikes from all origins (except the pirate bikes) I had kawas, yamas, Triumphs and I've tried BMWs, Moto Guzzis, Hondas, Suzukis, Ducatis, to name a few so I consider myself well placed to talk about leg space :)

I even rented a BMW K1300GT one summer for a long trip, and felt leg position was a bit cramped for the bikes vocation. Right now I have an FZ8 and it fits like a glove, I can ride 700km a day no problem and there's no edge sticking out of the tank rubbing against my knees either, so yeah I have long legs, but some bikes have the required space.

So all that to say that the MV are gorgeous bikes, I'm sure they great fun too, but if you have long legs, it's just not an option.

Reply to this Topic
mgivogue

Aug 02

mgivogue says:

update?

Where's the update???

I for one really want to know how it went once temperatures rose a bit and you gave the bike a bit of a bollocking...

For the question about fuelling...often companies have to sacrifice fuelling to meet emission regulations. It sucks but there you are - remap and all is gravy. Of course, a track bike like this should never have it's revs lower than 9k once off the line ;)

Reply to this Topic
InTheRealWorld

Oct 11

Speedo and Zoobaz

You're right, being 6'3 I've completely ruled out these sorts of bike. I was slaughtered on this website for saying that sitting on the s1000rr was torturous and designed for midgets but I stand by it. I've always liked the look of a B-King so a little concerned to hear may be lacking leg room as that's the reason I would have one!

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

F3 Report

Waited all day for the next update report, with a deposit already down, the tension is becoming unbearable!!!

Cannot imagine getting much sleep again tonight 

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

This bike could sell on looks alone!

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

@InTheRealWorld: buy a KTM, I need a ladder to get on one so it might be your size. 

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@InTheRealworld

Forget the B-King, it's big but at 6'3" you don't have a chance in hell of fitting on it. I went for a test ride that was organized by Suzuki. And honestly it was almost dangerous how hard it was to access the rear brake and shifter because the knees would get caught in the tank. Too bad cause the engine was awesome, loved the looks of the bike too and handling was more then decent once in motion...

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

sell on looks lol i think its bland ..it reminds me of an old cbr6f ...the way the silver goes into the tank is wrong ...would of been so much better in just red

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

how at 6.3 can you be to tall or big to ride it ? im 6.3 and iv ridden ar80s, kr1s,zx6s zx7s zzr11 s oh and my kawasaki ksr pit bike which was about 3 ft high lol ...they dont have roofs like cars fk sake

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices