Skip to content

TRIUMPH New Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 spied TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > New Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 spied

Triumph’s never-ending onslaught of new bikes shows no sign of slowing after a keen-eyed MCN reader scooped the new 2013 Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 parked while out testing. The spy shot shows a new version of the current 1050cc inline three-cylinder road-biased adventure bike which remains a popular and good value machine often favoured by those who ride every day. The bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 March 2012 15:49)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jhandley

Aug 10

jhandley says:

+1.  The old 955i Daytona was likened to a "british fireblade".  Not the fastest 1000 sportsbike in the world and certainly not the lightest or prettyest even, but with that  triple engine it was superb.  I have a Sprint 1050 these days but a Daytona with a 1050 in it would make a great, practical litre sportsbike which has been missing from the Triumph range for far too long.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Yeah i want more practical sports bikes, ones you can actually ride, but dont have to compromise on weight and power

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

tiger1050 sport

For me, when are they taking depoits, I had a 1050 , great bike, but i would love a sporty version, a bit more top end, better firmer suspension, a tad lower bars, maybe ajustable seat hight. about 20 more hoses as per speed triple would do it, excellent I want one, but please dont make it a lardy arse as Sprint st to GT

Also nice to see chain guard actually covers the rear sproket, unlike current Tiger 1050.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Please please say its as sexy as the old tiger, that has to be one of the hottest adventure/road bikes made

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

A triple whammy, literally

Leaving aside all the folk who say Triumphs new Tiger800 & Explorer 1200 are nothin new...c'mon, here's number three bike ! No stopping them.

I can put money the rivals never thought triumph would be as serious and have the bikes to back up their recent endeavours. This, yet another new model (?) says it all. At the rate triumph are going they are going to have a HUGE chunk of the market sales in 2012 and 2013. Sure why not.

If the bike pictured above is indeed a new "Tiger 1050 sport" as the title story reads, its fairly well kitted out. You can see its got ABS and a few trick bits on the bars. Steering angle looks steep so no doubt will be a quick turning bike. Looks tall too. Single side swing arm always a bonus.

Well done Triumph. Screw number crunching (accountants making all the decisions), give the public the bikes they want and they will buy them. The tiger800 is proof and so will the 1200 Explorer and this new 1050 sport.

Nothin worse than a certain say, Japanese manufacturer wHo has lost their way, dictating what they think is the way forward and giving us mediocre designed bkes on old chassis with small petrol tanks and Huge prices. Tut Tut.

Three strikes for Triumph against the opposition!!! David & the goliaths...lol

Well done to "dansrockin" for the pictures. Would like to see more, but maybe MCN were asked NOT to publish by Triumph more than likely, understandable.

Triumph-ant as I have said before ;)

Reply to this Topic
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

Beautiful

Looks great! Its like a sports bike for us larger gentlemen.

And theres nothing that sounds better than a triple engine going through the revs. Even my "sedate" Tiger 955i sounds fucking brilliant.

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

I'm interested

This could be the bike that gives me most of the speed of the Daytona and most of the usability of the GS and replaces both. When do I get to see it in the metal?

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Mr Bloor

I hope you are reading these comments, you are onto a winner!!! A quick brief for your design team don't f**k it up!!! 133bhp please!!!

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

Ere CobZ, you saying I'm fat mate?

I know what you mean about the sound, Daytona with the sport pipe down the Harpenden to Luton road in 4th just hitting 10thou and about erhm 55mph obviously, when I heard a rasping exhaust bouncing of the walls and bushes. Bloody hell whats that I thought looking around to catch a glimpse, sounds great...bloody hell its me!

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

I rode a KTM SMT recently and while i loved the chassis - the engine felt as rough as arseholes. This bike could be the perfect compromise. Full fat version please...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices