Skip to content

Discuss This James Ellison: “I need to be thrown in at deep end” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Ellison: “I need to be thrown in at deep end”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Ellison: “I need to be thrown in at deep end”

James Ellison says he’s ready to be thrown in at the deep end in Jerez this weekend when he takes to the track with the likes of Casey Stoner, Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi for the first time since returning to the MotoGP world championship. The Paul Bird Motorsport rider is desperate to get in vital miles on the new Aprilia...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 March 2012 10:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kev2905

Jun 05

kev2905 says:

Mirrors

Just needs some mirrors fitted so he knows when to move out of the way!

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

MAYBE IF IT PISSES DOWN.

I hope they`ve got plenty of spare seat`s.

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Support...

Loving the support coming from the bunch of ' I've never given it a go but can sit in my arm chair and moan' twats posted below!

James is doing a sterling job on ever improving kit and flying the flag in the process!

I say go for it Jimmy!

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Come on James

Big fan of Ellison's. He's had some really bad luck over the years, I recon he will surprise a few this year and hopefully we'll see him running with Edwards and DePuniet after a few rounds.

Apparently he is a master of bike set-up, I'm sure that's why Paul Bird has brought him in.

Ring it' neck James

Reply to this Topic
gasgas280

Jul 08

gasgas280 says:

Under rated

I think James is seriously under rated as a rider. Afterall MotoGP teams don't just hand rides out willy nilly!

I will be cheering him on even if he is near the back due to the uncompetitive bike!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I'd like to see James Ellison do well

But, I just can't see it. He's not as good as Crutchlow for a start, so, to be honest, what's the point? His career doesn't need the negative aspects that not achieving much will bring especially when he could've stayed in Blightly and had a pretty solid end to his career. WSB might have been more realistic. The point to a race is to win it, the taking part bit is for those that don't win very often. Obviously not everyone can win but to turn up knowing you can't win isn't in the spirit of the "competition".

MotoGP should be all the fastest lads around who have proved it by winning stuff on the way. Ideally relevant stuff like the next class championship down the scale or regular wins, podiums and the like in other championships.

As I said before the quality of the riders is as much an issue as the cost of the bike and that people don't see the link is baffling. Casey Stoner is fast on a good bike so to beat him he'll either have to suffer issues that reduce either element or be beaten by a faster rider and/or better bike. That's the game, James Ellison wouldn't have featured in my formula before to beat Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Rossi and co and now that he's in the championship he definitely doesn't, unless many crazy things happen on the way.

So, like I say, what's the point? For those of us who advocate a bit of youth I'd have gone for Bradley Smith long before James Ellison and probably Scott Redding and maybe even Gino. I'd put Chaz Davies on it before Ellison too and a Laverty. The more I think the more I reckon Ellison would just about make the top 10 British candidates for a CRT MotoGP ride based on talent.

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

When's the last time time a non-works bike won a race? 2005/6?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

When's the last time time a non-works bike won a race? 2005/6?

Marco Melandri last non works rider to win a race.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Sink or swim...

If being thrown in at the deep end don't work then the Birdy hairdryer treatment will be evoked. Sticking with the water based metaphores it will be sink or swim.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Randy's twin seat ducatis just been passed as a crt providing he has a passenger of some note or a guy in a chicken suit doing it for charity... Will test at Jerz with passenger.. JE will have some competition and not just for daftest hair since O Fenomeno's 2002 spesh..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices