Skip to content

Discuss This BBC to show MotoGP in HD in 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC to show MotoGP in HD in 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC to show MotoGP in HD in 2012

The BBC’s extensive coverage of all 18 rounds of the 2012 MotoGP world championship will be shown in HD for the first time. The BBC today also confirmed its coverage plans for all 18 races, with the first race in Qatar on April 8 shown at 1930 BST, live on the Red Button and repeated at 2320 BST on BBC One...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 March 2012 15:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I wish Eurosport had their highlights programme in HD it would be way better no disrespect to BBC but Eurosport has better commentators who know what they are saying instead of chatting random bollocks.

Reply to this Topic
formotorbikes

Jan 11

Great News

Can't wait, let's hope this year is a competitive one. Cheers http://formotorbikes.com

Reply to this Topic
BackRoomSounds

Mar 12

Hate to say it but BBC commentators are not as good as Eurosports I might have to put Toby & Jules over he top of BBC HD picture!

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

I have always enjoyed the BBC coverage plus there are no adverts and I don't have to pay w****** like the Murdochs for the priviledge. Would like to see it in HD though.

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

What's all this bbc i crap?!

Stick it on the normal tele man. Hate the bbc. Eurosport piss it all day long! The commentators know what they are on about, theyre passionate, & it just feels more exciting on Eurosport because of that. And I cannot bare hearing that Charlie Cox prick say things like "DanPed" in that gay way - and the joke of it is half the time he still, after YEARS, says "great move from the number 28 DanPed!!". Mate. At least know what bloody numbers the riders are running, Jesus!! Yeah yeah, 28 looks like 26.. But I got a job that loads would love to have. At least learn Ur stuff. U should KNOW what number he and every rider rides with with your eyes shut, mate!!! Small niggling from me maybe.. But that kinda shit and unprofessionalism which just proves how unpassionate he really is about the sport in his own time makes me not like listening to him. And when once he said said a rider had lost the front when it was clear to all that know what they're on about that it was the back that went, ah god, the shame. Know your trade. Whatever it is. Know it!

Reply to this Topic
markg1150

Oct 09

markg1150 says:

HD AND MUTE!

dont care, hate cox`s clueless commentary so much iv bought virgin tv JUST for eurosport. and i mean just, i hate all tv. bbc should have poached whitham and burnicle, those to are a great combo 2 imoa.  moodie, ryder, eurosport kick arse

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

agree totally mark..

whit and jack burnicle - especially jack - love him!! and yeah, moody is a bit of nob deep down i reckon, but him and ryder could both tell us more about the sports history and the riders personal lives than the bbc crew, in their sleep!

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

As has been said....

....and I completey agree, Charlie Cox is a complete tit.  I'm sick of hearing him belting on about "crossing the stripe" or "just look at the mumbo coming out the back of that Aprillia". Jesus!

Give me Toby and Jules on Eurosport any day of the week, yes they prattle on a bit during practise and qualifying, but they do have hours of airtime to fill and I know that's not an easy job.  What with Toby's enthusiasm, Jules knowledge of bike and riders from years of two-wheeled journalism, and Spaldings technical insight the coverage easily surpasses that of the Beeb, even before you mention the fact that just about all session are live (except the actual bloody MotoGP race).

However, I do miss Randy Mamola running about in pitlane and the paddock, checking the status of fallen riders and generally doing his bit to try and keep the viewer informed of antics in the pits/paddock.

Jamie and Jack are OK with their WSBK commentary.  Jamie's sarcasm and willingness to take the piss out of Jack live on air always makes me smile.  But Jack pisses me off with his inane ramblings about Troy "Gordon" Corser (or any rider he happens to know the middle name of) and tedious stories about the riders wives.  Also, I can't wait for Frances Batta to twat him for constantly referring to his bear-like figure, hopefully he will do it live on air after the first race podium celebrations.....

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

the future with Auntie?

the current BBC / Eurosport deal runs until the end of 2013.  i have it on good authority that the MotoGP rights cost the Beeb a fraction of the full F1 coverage, before they sold out to Sky.  no doubt that Dorna will want to keep a terrestrial broadcaster in the UK, but i do wonder if Barbara Slater and her cronies have the stomach to keep going with MotoGP, even though it's their only motorsport coverage in what is becoming a diminishing sports portfolio. 

for me, the biggest problem with the BBC output (apart from Charlie Cox) is the variability of the Freeview coverage.  Freesat and Sky carry the additional red button channels, whereas during the UK summer, sport has to compete with music festivals and other non-sports stuff on Freeview.  and as it's 2012 this year, the Laguna Seca round hasn't got a hope in hell against what's on in late July early August.  so much for the BBC having to give up at least one Freeview channel so that air time was made for the late night wafty cranker programming ....

and no, i refuse to fork out my hard earned cash to a bunch of cr**ks at News Corp.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Wot no SKY

I can't believe that in this day and age there is still people out there without Sky.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices