Skip to content

Discuss This Imola WSB: Checa does the double World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Imola WSB: Checa does the double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Imola WSB: Checa does the double

Althea Ducati rider Carlos Checa has won both WSB races at Imola today to take the lead in the championship. It was the same story as race one, with pole setter Tom Sykes getting off to a flyer and leading the race by up to 2.6 seconds and setting a new lap record of 1:47.553, before Checa slipped past on lap 15. Sykes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 April 2012 15:27)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I hear you Jamie and 3rd first time out is bloody good really. The Panigale will force a rule change. It should do. Thats why they have kept it out of WSB.

Reply to this Topic
minezx9

Jan 06

minezx9 says:

tyred out

If kawasaki can figure a way of getting tyre management issues solved then Checa and Ducati have alot to worry about. Hopefully it's only a matter of time. Checa didn't exactly walk away with it at Imola and BMW with Haslam onboard appear to have real potential this year to be regular front runners. The legendary grunt the Ducati has didn't exactly help against Sykes Kawasaki at Imola either. looks like it's shaping up to be a great season.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Like blowflys around a fresh grogan!

"From 2011 onwards, Ducati will no longer compete with a factory team in the Superbike World Championship."

Yup... you could read it anywhere before last season. You may well ask then, why the who's who of the Ducati factory inclubing knobend Del Touchio, were hanging around the pit like they actually mattered? Pretty obvious really! One things for sure though, if Flo was any chop on their bike, they wouldn't bothered with lowly old superbikes! Fkng parasites!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

"veronicaisl says Im just hoping that ducati will build a crt bike with this engine." I'm not sure if they can. Isn't there an upper bore limit of 81mm and the 1199 is rumoured to be 112mm.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

And it's a twin

So apart from not meeting the dimensions criteria it also has two too few cylinders

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

After the restart benny

What would have happened had the race not been stopped is anyone's guess but being in first place at the time certainly looks at least a bit promising

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Ru sure jamie

What about Akira Yanagawa?

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Well done to Checa, bet he is glad to be on the 1198 still.  Beautiful bike and sounds bloody great.  I am a little biased but i wouldn't have bought one had i not thought so to begin with. 

This is a fruitfull championship and pleased the british lads are up there.  Well done guys. 

Reply to this Topic
deathrider78

Nov 11

deathrider78 says:

Why are these Ducati's allowed to be 200cc more than the other bikes and just run away with it? The last year they were 1000's, they lost to Toseland by a whisker, was that really reason enough to allow them an extra 200cc? Just because they threatened to leave if they weren't getting an extra 200cc, I think the governing body should have stuck to their guns and let 'em leave, Ducati just a bunch of cry babies.

At least they don't get their own way in Moto GP.

Was better racing with the 1000's, Ducati should be brought back down to earth and have to give up 200cc!

Reply to this Topic
888boybach888

Feb 12

broken record

OMG how many times are you fuggin haters going to bring up that old chestnut about larger capacity for twins its not always about power is it? the ducati makes less than most of the grid, go figure that one? the BMW makes a gazillon horses, or so they say, if the ruling body says cut the 200cc then they will just put there awesome v4 into it, then what will be your moan?? if anybody are moaning minnies its the bloody JAP teams, do you remember when WSB was 750 fours against 1000cc twins, same gripe, i personally think that the twin will be replaced by the v4 in the next few years anyway, love to hear your excuses then

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices