Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Cal Crutchlow get on the podium this year? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Cal Crutchlow get on the podium this year?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Will Cal Crutchlow get on the podium this year?

Tech 3 Yamaha rider Cal Crutchlow equalled his best ever MotoGP result at Qatar last weekend with a fourth placed finish behind Casey Stoner. The Coventry rider impressed during winter testing and qualified on the front row for the 2012 season opener. Can he go further? Vote in the polls below and let us know your thoughts in the comments section....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 April 2012 10:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

Just look at his interviews. He comes across massively confident and controlled. It's early but the main manufacturers will be taking note and watching with interest. His talk of watching and learning braking from following Lorenzo seems to be paying off. Best of luck to him.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Probably yes and most likely no

Cal has a chance to be on the podium with a good run and a little luck on his side. The Tech 3 bike is looking good. But winning? Not impossible but I'm betting against it. He would need some serious help with a couple of guys getting tied up or falling off.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

They're all massively confident

Or else they wouldn't be there. Except Valentino Rossi. We all want Cal Crutchlow to smash it up and be hanging off Jorge Lorenzo's backside every session but the realists amongst us accept that for that to happen other things need to occur that aren't in hand and hinged some on the balance of probability.

Ask anyone, best chance of a podium? A blinder or a mishap to CS/JL or DP, best chance of a win? See left and rain, all of which are likely. Will Cal turn up and rock it one weekend, I have to hope till it happens until I can actually control destiny unfortunately. I did try to control destiny for a while once, and even believed that I was Jesus for a bit but even someone as negative as me can't bring glory to a little corner of Cov. Soz duck.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Funk Jake where's Wosi?

Can we put an APB out on him? I'm hoping he's MIA until he's confirmed KIA and then it'll be RIP to da MVP of the VR-Zee, yeah you know me.

Anyone know a song about a Jake?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I think a third is quite possible, but a win unlikely.

P.S. Enough with the f-ing songs!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Which songs?

What's your favourite song CBR11X?

Reply to this Topic
jake767

Jan 09

jake767 says:

PennyFencePig

Well i'm actually from Scotland but now in Perth, WA, so yer wee ditty was sort of fittin.

But you guys seem to be missing the point on here. Rather than being positive thinking, after one race you've got Cal as somehow fluked his forth place and sent him into the dark realms of JT land who i thought was a pretty good rider. But not a GP rider as it transpired. So let him show up Spies this year and we'll see him on the factory bike next year.

And change yer poofy pic wi the sunnys on.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

It's your call mate, civil disobedience or passive, sheep like acceptance?

I've found this Benny, it's a B- side by the reformed Bananarama, it's called Heil Rossi,

Ro-s-si, Ro-s-si, above all oth-er-s

A-bove all oth-er-s in the wo-rld

Rossi, Rossi über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,

Rossi Frauen, Rossi Treue,
 Rossi Wein und Rossi Sang
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Uns zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang.

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Für das Rossi Vaterland!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;

It ends with a humourous little verse about reuniting the hinterland and something about tanks and Poland

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Do it again...

Something about Perth and perspiring GP's rider I got, apparently Cal isn't one or something, and something about flukey 4th places, do it again...

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

If he's in India why's he in Perth?

Is that possible Benny? Or a basic geographical error? He's probably French.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices