Skip to content

Ask an Expert Motorcycle Textile trousers Buying Advice Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Motorcycle Textile trousers Buying Advice

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

thowie

Feb 12

thowie says:

Motorcycle Textile trousers Buying Advice

I am looking for some textile motorcycle trousers in the price range of £70-150 any recommendations.

I like the look of the ones this rider is wearing in the photos. anyone able to identify them?

Or the ones in the rider of the ducati is wearing www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/265172/images/03aprilia-dorsoduro-f.jpg

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 April 2012 23:26)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

troos

They look like armoured jeans, not textile trousers.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I've

got a pair of these to bimble to town and stuff,good fit,cool looking and comfy in hot weather, they have pockets to fit hard hip and knee protection which i've done, not been down the road in them but they're well made and have alot of good reviews.

Lindstrands Wrap Trousers

And eatcs01's right they're jeans and not textiles as such.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

What do you want them for?

Motorcycle jeans should be comfy and okay for riding in the summer (but not in the rain). Protection may be worse than proper textile trousers but they are more comfy if you stop riding in the middle of the day and go for lunch etc... price wise they tend to be fairly expensive for what they do...
If you want all weather trousers you need proper textiles. They usually give better protection too. If you are short of money look on ebay but only bid for good quality goretex stuff. Non goretex stuff tends to be cheaper made and doesn't stay watertight as long...
I have some cheap textile trousers that I bought new from both Weise & Frank Thomas and both are okay for normal riding but more than half an hours rain will leak through. My five year old goretex trousers will last over an hour in heavy rain without leaks and cost me £60 on ebay...

Reply to this Topic
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

Textiles

I tried spada flage textile trousers for commuting as they are reasonable at £50. Was really impressed I now have a couple of pair, warm, water proof and very practical! Also they look good in the white and dark version... Not the green in my opinion! Also I use them all the time for riding now as they are so good

Reply to this Topic
idmoore

Apr 09

idmoore says:

My experience of wrap jeans

Hi all,
I purchased a pair of Lindstrand Jeans nearly 2 years ago and wore them approximately 5 times before they appeared to deteriorate, ripping easily and denim going powdery leaving elastic fibres. They had never been wet or come into contact with anything other than in normal road use. I returned them to John at Jofama who gave this reply:
I’ve now had a chance to examine the jeans visually and it does appear they have come into contact with a corrosive substance of some kind. I could not see any staining at all. The Jeans cost just over one hundred pounds.
Most noticeable on the left leg, a stain is quite visible around the damaged area. Because the colour difference of the stain is only slight, it’s difficult to see unless under bright light. 
Yet further confirming the opinion of a corrosive substance, the HiArt material underneath the outer denim on the knee area of the right leg has also been affected slightly and comes apart when tested.
I am sorry to say, we cannot take further action. 
Due to the nature of the damage, I think it is safe to assume there is no need to worry regarding the quality of any other garments unless they too have come into contact with the same substance.
Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices