Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa leads wet second practice

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa set the fastest time during a wet free practice 2 at Jerez today. Ducati rider Valentino Rossi was the early pace setter, with a best time of 1'51.440, but was unable to hold off Spaniard Pedrosa in the later stages of the session. Winner of last year's wet Jerez race Jorge Lorenzo set the third fastest time...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 April 2012 14:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

the skill is still there...it's the bike that needs binning....

Another bike developed by Rossi that needs binning? I thought he was supposed to be good at this stuff...

Leemuz praying for rain... i wonder why? now there's a 'real race fan' for you.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No doubt this will be deemed another Rossi hating jibe but based on previous wet weather races, why is the opinion from some quarters that he has the edge in the wet.

PI last year he crashed out

Silverstone last year....

Jerez he crashed - lucky to get going again, not on the winner's pace

Sepang 2009 didn't win, not on the winner's pace

Donington 2009 he crashed - lucky to get going again, not on the winner's pace

No use saying he was fastest on track at the time he crashed (Jerez and PI last year) as that's most likely why he crashed. That's as far back as I can remember. The only race I can remember him winning in the wet in recent years was Donington and that was so far against the norm, you have to suspect special tyres shipped in by Michelin for the race.

So, no a dig or jibe, just purely based on the results above, what  is it that suggests that he has the edge over others in the wet?

Also, it does seem strange that a bike that has too much power in the dry is rideable in the wet? Imagine if Stoner or Lorenzo had said that

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

If you ever want to level talent in any form of motor sport, let it rain.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Well done

Mother Nature. You've given hope to many for a ...........................while.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

RAIN LEVELS THE FIELD.

I don’t think anyone is saying that Rossi is the RAIN MASTER.
It’s more of a case of the rain levelling the field.
I.e. The handling advantage of the Yamaha’s and Honda’s at high corner speeds is taken away because they are not cornering at such high speeds.
Hence, Rossi can keep on terms.
Simple really!

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Now you can f**k off with the 'REAL' race fan crap on here.......Real race fans as you so eliquantly put it would not be on here trying to convince us all rossi is s**t......

And i find it so f**king hard to believe half the people on here have even been to a motogp race...or any other

form of bike racing for that matter......

I did put lol after it to signify it was an off the cuff...loose comment for a bit of fun...

So don't come on with the real race fan s**t....or we can have a MCN forum meet up at I O M or Moto GP...

Suits me....I ll buy the fist beers.....Moto gp wed - Mon...or IOM Race weekend Thurs - Mon....!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Practice & Championship

Practice - You really cannot read to much into this practice session.You really cannot read much into the first race result either.We will have to wait & see how the championship unfolds.

Championship - Although Iam not a Rossi fan,it would be nice to see him do well & even win at Jerez,purely to throw the cat amongst the pigeons so to speak.From purely a spectator point of veiw this would be great,no matter who you support,we all want to see great racing.No body wants to see 1 rider dominate every race,well OK there may be a few out there.

Im going to sit tight & watch how things progress for know,but if I did have to make a prediction,No,Im going to stop myself.But ! I do think a spaniard will be on the top step of the rostrum.I wish Rossi all the best as long as Jorge wins the championship.

Talking of winning the championship,I still think Casey will do it.I will support Jorge all the way but I think hes got one hell of a battle on his hands with Casey on the Honda.May the best man win.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

That was

Ducati Darmah 900 I believe as was 500 Pantah back then. Tiger and Panther or something.

Nonetheless,the Ducati looks good for a predictable mixed/wet race weekend.

Over to the riders come the finish line.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Lorenzo99

Im not so sure....i got a funny feeling over this season Jorge can do it....Its hard to defend a title...and the Yam is going well.....Theres also evidence the hondas have been caught up by yam...so i would stick my tenner on Jorge.....

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rain levels the playing field

Malarkey.  All the rain does is make some people risk more than others. Witness a couple of excitable Italians last year.

Show me a rank outsider that's won in the wet and I'll show you ten champions that've won in both wet and dry.

Fast is as fast does, and that is in all conditions.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices