Skip to content

Discuss This WSB homologation specials at a glance First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > WSB homologation specials at a glance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

WSB homologation specials at a glance

Britain has always loved World Superbikes: not just the racing, but the limited edition models that manufacturers produced to let them to compete. To celebrate 25 years of WSB, we’ve got the top five of these homologation specials back together at Donington Park, where the first WSB race was contested. For many the Kawasaki ZXR750RR had the bad boy image. It was big,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 May 2012 12:19)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fitzy2009

Jan 11

fitzy2009 says:

I have a honda sp1 and wouldn't change it for anything. Its twelve years old and still feels a very special motorcycle. I go out with some fast boys on there newer bikes and only lose out on top speed, trough the twisties as good as anything out there today. I would love a RC45 but a bit out of my price range. Had a nc30 which was great bike so the rc30 and rc45 must both be sublime. They just dont make bikes like these anymore which is a shame, but thats the world we live in. The aprilia rsv4 and new ducati are the only bikes that got something about them these days.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

fitzy2009

your a lucky man. my uncle has one of them too and he swears he wont trade it for anything else, hell he wont even let me have a go on it!!

what a great bike it is, i hope one day i can own one. I still remember watching WSB of the days when Colin Edwards and the Castrol team beat Ducati at their own game!! ahhhhh the good days :)

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Would have loved to see a kawasaki ZX7 N model in there, definantly a worthy bike.

Reply to this Topic
JamesQGM

Feb 10

JamesQGM says:

SP1 and R7 still look amazing.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

some of the best looking

sports bikes.

Always thought the headlights ill-suited the R7 though...better without

Reply to this Topic
kegsy39

Oct 02

kegsy39 says:

sp1, still up there

Brings back a few memories, 3 of us from Evesham had sp1's when they came out, and truth be told not many passed us on our travels. I sold mine after 3 years what a mistake, probably 1 of the best bikes ive ridden, and ive had alot.

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

How Japanise moto industry lost her way

VTRSp1, is bike, which need to become, a model in which base maner new  Japanese motorcycles should be made, if it wants to compete again in the EU market compared to the Italian producers, who are slowly but surely, especially in middle class of 600 to 1000ccm greatly outweigh the first place by the quality of the suspension components, brakes .. are installed as standard teflon brake hoses and so on and finish the field, only the Kawasaki managed to find some balance in the launch of new models in addition to good design are promoted to good finishing details , but other Japanese manufacturers are starting to drop all lower and lower., Honda quality finishing will not seem to help much because the field of design of new models experienced a total fiasco (VFR1200, was the beginning of the end, my personal opinion, just on that model Honda was lose whole Army of dedicatet lovers of VFR800 which was almost on nervous breakdown until that new VFR1200 will appear, that was bigest fiasco in recent Honda motorcycle history, on the side that VFR is good machine, whit supremacy performace, etc and etc.. BUT that kind and "branch" of .motrcycle must have phenomenal charisma look, the new VFR have not, end of story  ) on Suzuki's better not to talk on the lower branches had fallen in terms of both and creating a truly new model motorcycles and their quality (except the very engine) is never followed by other Japanese trio.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices