Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: Too early to ponder 2013 change MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: Too early to ponder 2013 change

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: Too early to ponder 2013 change

Valentino Rossi says it is too early to contemplate where his future lies in MotoGP after Casey Stoner’s shock decision to retire sparked rumours the Italian could make a dramatic return to Honda or Yamaha in 2013. HRC and Yamaha management have previously ruled out a swoop for Rossi next season while the 33-year-old struggles to be a consistent front-runner at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 May 2012 15:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The boy's got integrity.

Unlike a number of other racers out there, and certainly the majority of wankers on this site, Casey has shown the kind of integrity that cements his reputation as one of the pantheon's of the sport. I sincerely hope he goes and lives the life he now dreams of, Moto GP will be a poorer place without him..

Reply to this Topic
djjonnibgood

Sep 07

djjonnibgood says:

Rossi

Remember when Rossi first entered the premier class? Full factory machine with Nastro Azzurro backing...maybe a similar scenario on the cards partly self-funded with an Italian title sponser??? Just a thought :)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Rossi went to Ducati...

.........to make the bike a winner. Ducati want him in '13 so that's the seat sorted then surely?

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

not really...

All jokes aside...if VR gets a decent bike he MAY be able to win another WC...

But on the Duke he's facing the wrong way on a windy day...while taking a leek...

And as time goes by....Marquez, vinales...Luthi and co are coming through...

Next year is Shit or Bust...it might as well be on a decent bike....

He can fill the one year gap at repsol while Marquez moves up....

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

if Lorenzo goes to Honda...

Much as it pains me to say this - if Lorenzo goes to Honda I really doubt Rossi will change, because Lorenzo on the Honda will be a  virtually unbeatable package.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rossi's style and think he's a great rider.

I have heard a rumour that he's buying 2 Yam M1s and he's got sponsorship from coca cola though.... anyoe else heard that or is it complete rubbish?

I might be wrong - there's plenty of people on here with more in depth knowledge than me - anyone care to comment?

cheers,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Lorenzo to Honda is old speculation the rumour has never died for three years when of course Honda were deseprate to win the world title eventually they did in the end I think if it happens Honda will be more scary just like it is now with CS.

Dovi is correct in saying Lorenzo holds the key who goes where in 2013.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

rossi

He will one day im sure be a team manager or Race director...But i think that'll be in a few years yet...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Weather predictions ?

Rossi had his all legit day in the rain thanks to Preziosi's superb wet weather bike. 

This thread will dry out as predicted by Rossi in about a couple of months when the ink dries out on Lorenzo's deal for 2013 and beyond.

Impossible to say indeed.  

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Leemuz

I agree bud, but at this stage of his career surely sorting the Duke out  would easily eclipse another World Title? Getting the bike to 'work' for the riders of the future, and keeping Ducati's interest at this level, would be a fitting end to his legacy imo. 

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

maybe

But the on ly duke thats been something like was the trelles fra,med one...Its now had umpteen reincarnations...

And despite this weekends result i do not think it can be made into a winning bike (in the time rossi has left to get another title)

If he fails to make the ducrapi work he will just have to live with the fact stoner rode it more successfully than him..!!

Another title makes it ten...what a number to round hi career of with...

Then we are all winners rossi and stoner fa ns..??

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices