Skip to content

BMW BMW R1250GS spied R1200GS

You are in... Forums > BMW > R1200GS > BMW R1250GS spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BMW R1250GS spied

The upcoming BMW R1250GS has been spied during testing, showing many upgrades over the current R1200GS. It’s impossible to overstate the importance to BMW of the new R1250GS – the firm simply has to get it perfectly right or risk suffering a financial calamity such is the role the bike plays in sales across the globe. The current R1200GS and Adventure models...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 June 2012 13:29)

Post a message in R1200GS

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Baaa!

Water cooling? Baaaa! they're just copying off Triumph!

Joke!

Baz :)

Reply to this Topic
4jimbo4

Jun 12

4jimbo4 says:

looks no different to the current one

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

About as exciting as watching toast pop up!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

wesley

you may think so, but this is the best selling bike in Britain so id imagine a hell of a lot of people are very interested in this

Reply to this Topic
Moke1275

Jun 10

Moke1275 says:

The first photo looks like various people have been allowed to go to the parts bin and stick it somewhere on the bike - no  integrated style and so fat.Guess the second photo saves the day a little. No doubt it will be successful and deserve that success if it gives the market what it wants. Now, if I was on my own without back up touring the planets nether regions would I want one of these or an Enfield or a KLR 650........

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Maybe

Maybe if I was riding 2-up with the occasional dirt road I would consider one of these. Otherwise, sticking with Beemers, the F800GS has plenty of power for solo touring, and of course has the advantages of being smaller, lighter, and more economical. But for serious off-road riding/touring, I would get a G650GS Sertao, as it is a true-dual sport.

Reply to this Topic
Mistafunky

Oct 11

Mistafunky says:

Watching toast pop up?

Steady on it's not that exciting...

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

BMW are having a "spy shot" press day then?

>"this is the best selling bike in Britain"

Was the best selling.  The Tiger 1200 just ate its lunch - see the April new registration figures from the MCIA, we're still waiting on May.  The accountants who run BMW must be sweating through their pink pinstriped shirts.

Reply to this Topic
HP2Sportfun

Apr 12

HP2Sportfun says:

This is the reason we see massive discounts and offers on the current bike, but hey if I needed a go anywhere bike fair enough throw enough money at me and I would even look at it? Hmm maybe not yet but I've been on a few runs with GS owners who can't say enough about the bike other than how's your wrist flat arse! Yes flat!

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Na I think I will stick with my toast popping up comment, i fully respect all types of bikes but there is no difference looks wise so its therefore boring!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices