Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo signs new two-year deal with Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo signs new two-year deal with Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo signs new two-year deal with Yamaha

Jorge Lorenzo has crushed intense speculation that he would switch to Honda next season to replace Casey Stoner by signing a new two-year deal to remain with Yamaha’s factory squad. The Spaniard has agreed a new deal after his management repeatedly claimed there had been no big money approach from HRC. Lorenzo’s new deal will serve as a massive relief to Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 June 2012 11:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parris

May 10

parris says:

Why so early?

Brilliant, but why so early? Any ideas?

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Early

Apparently because it was to remove any distraction that might have been in his mind when battling with Casey for this years title.

Reply to this Topic
olafhd276

May 10

olafhd276 says:

not too surprising

not too surprising really, a lot of the riders announce their next contracts around june/july so it's not that early. and i guess if he already knows what he wants to do why wait...honda have had a month to get in touch so tough luck there (i'm sure they think they can get marquez, i hope they don't, i think they'll hamper his career similar to dani)

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Good lad....

Didn't wanna see the lad in Honda colours.  Considering the turnover in the last few years (goodbye Pedrosa, hello Bradl and Marquez for 2013) and Jorge's cohesion with the Yammy, I'm pleased for him (and the fans).  Yammy are on a winner here, they'll most likely replace Mince and Ale Pie with either Dovi or Crutchlow for a belt tightening.  I'd like to see Crutchlow but equally Dovi has impressed me this year.  Super smooth style.  I say 'most likely' as you don't know what else the man of few words will produce for the remaining 13 races.  Anyway - congrats to Jorgé. I look forward to seeing him give it some on Sunday.   Now let's see where everyone else ends up in the market.....

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

good decision

And it looks to be for the right reasons,Loyalty on both sides the desire to win not just line his pockets ,no fuss no mind games and he can get on with his job in hand,a refreshing change in what has become a game of prancing prima donnas,Well done Jorge,lets hope we see Cal in the bay next door,Casey just get on with the rest of the season and shut up then go away,Vale do what you said you could do and win on the Ducati,It seems that despite you claiming to be the saviour of Yamaha they are doing fine and honda are coping,Plenty of new people knocking at the door,Bradl ,Cal,Marquez ,Bautista to name but a few,It doesnt matter how big the name is ultimately it's the ripples on the pond scenario,Look in the record books,Good luck Jorge for the rest of the season and Cal a podium for Silverstone would be brilliant

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Very good decision Jorge to remain with Yamaha good job he rejected them fools Honda.

Reply to this Topic
leeyamr1

Apr 08

leeyamr1 says:

unless thay scrap the rookie rule pedrosa will stay in the works honda team as he is spanish and the sponsa Repsol is spanish. But glad lorenzo is staying with yamaha now he can crack on with winning the championship.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Great decision

First piece of the puzzle in place. Now, almost certainly hinges on if and when the rookie rule is ditched.

Should both or either of Cal's and Dovi's form continue to the end of the season you can see one of them stepping up to the factory Yamaha team alongside Jorge with the other remaining with Tech3. Just remains to be seen which one goes up, logically whichever finishes higher in the championship.

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

Great news.

Jorge belongs at Yamaha.

It’s good to finally see some loyalty from both rider and manufacturer.

I’m sure Rossi is ruing the day he left Yamaha after going on record that he wanted to finish his racing career with them and go on to be a Yamaha sports ambassador.

What I don’t understand is why MCN are continuing to link Rossi to a possible “factory Honda” position?
It’s not going to happen.
The Japanese head of HRC has recently stated in an interview that Rossi WILL NOT feature as a FACTORY rider for Honda again.

Unlike certain riders, Honda Corporation does not publicly go back on their word/statements.

He DID NOT however, rule out the possibility of a Honda satellite team but NO WAY as a factory rider.

Now Jorge is staying with Yamaha, Rossi’s only options are to stick with Ducati or take a Honda or Yamaha satellite ride.

Or how about Suzuki?

Now that would be an interesting challenge!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

great news

Brilliant decision by Lorenzo to stay.
Now the jigsaw can slowly be completed after a load of rumours are spread about.
Never say never as Mr Spalding said today 900SS.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices