Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Trophy 1200 revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph Trophy 1200 revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Triumph Trophy 1200 revealed

Triumph have just unveiled the new Trophy Tourer. The full report will be in next week's MCN (out Wednesday June 27), but in the meantime here are the raw facts from Triumph's press release • Three cylinder 1215cc engine developing 132bhp and 89lb.ft of torque at just 6,450rpm.• Virtually maintenance free shaft drive.• The most highly technologically advanced Triumph with ride by wire, traction...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 June 2012 17:59)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Snev

A funny comment from you but likely very true.  Good one.  Don't forget the 1st aid kit to so you can render aid to other travelers in need.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

x2glider

Thanks my little cyber friend from the Colonies!!!. You're not the only one who "Gets my Humour" there's ......erm ....and....not to mention ....erm....!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Exports?

@ DoomedDog – Well, if Triumph is aiming this bike at the US/Canada export market, they would do well to increase their dealer network so one could warranty service, parts, etc without having to live in a city of 1 million plus or travel hundreds of miles round trip (I can ride over 4 hours in any direction without getting to a Triumph dealer).

Reply to this Topic
gordon hook

Jul 08

gordon hook says:

what the fook

Will someone tell me what the fook the bike is thats not a pan europran on page 9 , its not a vfr . I like the look of it anyway and want one.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

krautwatch

achtung achtung those damned british are after our sales again dont they know the master race has a right to everything,better wheel out herr goebells and his army of third columnists.up yours kraut.

Reply to this Topic
sigold1983

Mar 08

sigold1983 says:

Evolution

I am starting to get a little fed up people saying it looks like a BMW. Basically, if you take the post 1996 Trophy and put it along side a Pan of the time, it could be argued that designs are similar. The design works and comparing the 1996 Trophy to the new 2012 Trophy, you can see the "blood" line! It just has evolved from 90s technology to that of the 21st century! Acutally, the only problem I have is the lack of British Racing Green! Naughty naughty Triumph, you should have known better!

I will order mine once I have finished paying my Sprint GT off!

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

It looks like a cross-eyed 1200RT. Or a shocked owl.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

sigold1983!

Well, I was there in Austria last week when it was unveiled, and I've photographed it and sat on it and Yes, it looks like a cross between a Pan European and a BMW except it weighs 40kg more than the BM. Its well built, has a low seat, (I'm 28" inside leg and I could reach the floor!) and I'm sure it will sell, but I went there on my new Tiger 800 and I wouldn't swop it for anything, it performed brilliantly and weighs 100kg less. Of course, what will the Trophy be like fully loaded and 2 up? The top box on the SE is double skinned and looked to weigh a ton on its own! You have to ask yourself what you really need for touring.

Reply to this Topic
idlewild

Jul 12

idlewild says:

Fit for purpose

I suppose it has to look a bit like a BMW as it's designed to do the same thing! I ride a 1200RT and don't really care what it looks like. I can do 500 miles in a day if I need to and it carries luggage for two and keeps me dry. If I could afford the Trophy I'd certainly give it a try. My BMW, despite being a great bike to ride, has been unreliable and is poorly finished. I previously owned a Sprint ST for five years that gave absolutely no trouble and looked pretty good when I sold it. Hopefully some competition will provoke BMW into improving their quality control.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices