Skip to content

Discuss This New Suzuki Inazuma 250 details confirmed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Suzuki Inazuma 250 details confirmed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Suzuki Inazuma 250 details confirmed

Suzuki’s new 250 commuter, the twin-cylinder Inazuma will go on sale from September priced a competitive £3499 OTR and capable of 85mpg, it has been confirmed. The all-new, liquid-cooled roadster, which is to be built in China, and will rival Honda’s CBR250R and Kawasaki’s 250R Ninja, has been expected for many months, but now details about price or performance from the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 July 2012 12:06)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Progress?

Agreed snev. I had a 30hp Suzuki 250 twin in 1972. Not much in the way of progress.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Well, if I wanted a cheap commuter, I'd pick this over the Honda NC700 any day for its much cheaper purchase price, cheaper insurance, servicing, tyres, and I'll bet it does more mpg than the Honda in the real world. You don't need more than 24 bhp to commute unless you have to do motorway. And if you fall off it in the icy winter, it probably won't cost an arm and a leg for parts. Just needs a screen and a pair of throw-overs and away you go.

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

Inazuma

Looks like a comfy low seat, but at 24bhp, you wont be sitting in a zoomer.

Reply to this Topic
Ralphy79

Apr 11

Ralphy79 says:

God Its FUGLY!!!

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

BUILT IN CHINA

Ow dear that will mean 300 mile break down intervals

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

NO

Here we go more crap from china.

Is someone having a laugh £3499

At one time the japs made  realy good 250's like the rd250 and the gt250 that looked good went like shit of a shovel but didnt stop to well

these look crap cheap and nasty . they will fall apart in two years and will never be collectable.

I wouldnot buy one even if they were £349.90 never mind £3499

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Really, @SatNavSteve?

The purchase price is lower, OK, but what's depreciation going to be like?

I'll be amazed if fully comp insurance is less, because of the other problem: parts.  Suzuki parts aren't particularly cheap, and they won't sell many of these here, so there won't be much spares stock or aftermarket parts available.

Servicing means less oil but more frequently than an NC700: it will likely cost more to service it when you factor in labour.  Tyres, eh, 110/140 to 120/160, it'll be pennies.  Fuel economy, remember the Top Gear M3 vs Prius test?  Ride an Inazuma any way you like, I'll follow on an NC700S or G650GS at the same speed. If you get better fuel economy beyond rounding errors, I'll eat my lid.

Let's be clear, I like small, light, efficient bikes.  As mentioned, I run a GPz305 for commuting.  But I can't see what the Inazuma would offer me, other than extra weight (183kg!  An SV650S is only 196kg), worse performance, less weather protection, and perhaps [i]slightly[/i] better fuel economy - which will be absolutely wiped out by the swingeing depreciation on it.  I could forgive all that if it were properly cheap to buy, but it just isn't, not when there's a Korean (rather than Chinese) made alternative that costs less and for which you can actually get parts.

I just can't imagine anyone who's going to go into a Suzuki showroom and put down money on one of these. And if they do, they'll get reamed when they try and sell it on and find that anyone with an appropriate license to ride it (new A2 35kW) will have had to get that by passing on something like - DUN DUN DUNNNN - an NC700S.

It just smacks of desperation, releasing a new bike because it's the only one they've got.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Pricey

The real problem with the Suzuki Inazuma 250 is the £3,500 ($5,450) price, while in the US (if imported) it would likely sell for the equivalent of £2,600 ($4,050), where it becomes a lot more attractive.

As for 300-mile breakdown intervals on a mainline China made motorcycle, I have 11 times that mileage on my Honda Elite 110 (aka Lead 110) with no repairs needed.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Pricey

The real problem with the Suzuki Inazuma 250 is the £3,500 ($5,450) price, while in the US (if imported) it would likely sell for the equivalent of £2,600 ($4,050), where it becomes a lot more attractive.

As for 300-mile breakdown intervals on a mainline China made motorcycle, I have 11 times that mileage on my Honda Elite 110 (aka Lead 110) with no repairs needed.

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

i had a suzuki en 125

that was made in china and after a year an a half of running its power droped so that it would only do 40 mph within the first few months of owning it the float on the fuel sensor melted somehow the clutch cable snaped the rev counter cable snaped anything that could rust rusted in short it was the most badly built worst quality 125 ive ever encounterd so if they are going to make the inzuma in china i will never buy one and i will strongly advise freinds not to do so the parts on a 30 year old japanese bike will be in better condition than the parts on a 1 year old chinese bike

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices