Skip to content

Discuss This Gino Rea not worried by Moto2 axe rumours MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Gino Rea not worried by Moto2 axe rumours

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Gino Rea not worried by Moto2 axe rumours

Gino Rea says he hasn’t been told his Moto2 future is under serious threat, despite team boss Fausto Gresini hinting he could axe the British rider ahead of the next race in Indianapolis.The Italian boss has made it clear that he is unhappy with Rea’s performances after the former World Supersport winner scored just one point in the opening nine...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 July 2012 14:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Wiggins

“His bike will be in Indianapolis.” HaHaHaHaHaHaHa.

I've heard Bradley Wiggins will be taking over in Indianapolis.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Whats up?

Saw Gino racing and even been riding at some of his SSTK 600 tests a few years back. He is a real character and a good kid. Maybe even a little susceptible to his own hype a few years back. Moto 2 was a great move and now he is with the big boys. WSS is a joke comparatively. _______ It is possible that Gino's time on wobbly proddie bikes gave false promise. Much like Sofu, wiped the floor against a not very competitive field on Ten Kate Honda's in WSS. Give him something a bit stiffer, like a WSBK and it is no deal. ________ Admittedly he had a few flashes of brilliance early in his Moto 2 career (and I thought he might get it) Sofu couldn't ride "REAL RACE BIKES" and ran back to the safety of the goldfish bowl that is WSS. He even has to pick on the elder statesman now like Foret he is so frustrated with his lot racing Lowes and former 250 rider Cluzel. _______ I hope not but we may find former off road and SSTK 600 star Gino Rea may not be able to succeed on racing bikes but a retreat to WSS (World Super Snooze) would certainly liven things up. Sam Lowes needs a rocket up his arse to beat the trusty Turk and the likes of Broc Parkes, Foret, and the mass of eastern European "talent" clogging up the WSS grid. ________ May be too late but all I can say is Gooooooo Gino!!!!

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

Not overrated at all gray..

What u may not realise is that in the test that pretty much secured him the ride, on the 2011 bike (with diff chassis and suspension) he was running in the top 3 every day. ....in his first outing on a moto 2 bike. He's also been wiped out a couple of times, including that time in the wet when he was running up front. Rossi runs up front in the wet, but is comparatively nowhere to be seen in the dry. U saying Rossi can't ride no more? No, Ofcourse not. When the playing field (ie when it's wet) is levelled, u see the class of the rider shine. I hope he gets more of a chance because I'm certain he has the talent to make it to the very top. I mean I know he can ride.. He scared the shit out of me on the back of a 125 scooter giving 3 of us a lift to the paddock at Donington many years ago lol

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

i think

He should be a little bit worried ,Although i think he is better than this I dont know what has gone wrong for him but he should be doing better .lets hope he can turn it around,or he could become dire Rea

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

free seat is it?

then perhaps--Sylvain Guintoli  should have a look in since he just lost his in WSBK

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

Confident!

Seen Gino race a few times live as well as every WSS and Moto2 on Tv over last few years and although great to watch I never once felt confident he would finish. Good rider and was a really nice guy when I met him but personally I think he is a work in progress and Moto2 might have come a bit too soon. I hope he turns it around if given the chance.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

gino rea

I'm sorry 4 gino rea but it MOTO2 not WORLD SUPERSPOT

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Gino Rea

I hoped he'd do well but i was a bit surprised at him landing the ride in Moto2 , but how could any rider turn down the opportunity ?

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

Ohoooooho Ginooooooo

Erm ... well a round peg in a square hole I think.  The bike isn't good enough either his team mate's position confirms that, or is he the problem also.  I agree with Stig should be doing better, he was offered the ride in Moto2 to my surprise, but also in his defence he doesn't know the tracks and it will take time to adjust to the bike.

Watched him in WSS a very aggressive rider, quite entertaining and frustrating at times, seen him bin it on several occasions when holding a good race position and under little pressure...still that's racing for you, done it myself on more than a couple of occasions when I was young man, much to the annoyance of my dad. 

Fausto Gresini should take a look at the whole team also before openly critising his rider.

Yours aye.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

i`ve seen some excuses

....but this guys got everyone........goodbye

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle