Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Rossi Backs Redding MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Rossi Backs Redding

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Rossi Backs Redding

Valentino Rossi backs Scott Redding for Ducati switch Valentino Rossi might be close to ending his dismal spell at Ducati, but the Italian legend has backed rising British star Scott Redding’s potential move to the Bologna factory in 2013. Gloucestershire teenager Redding has been linked with a new Ducati ‘junior’ team for next season that could be run by his Marc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 07:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

Doddgy Hair

Could be a good thing as all the recent riders who made MotoGP exciting had slightly mental hair.

Just hope the Duke works for him if he gets it and doesn't kill his career stillborn. Melandri anyone? Atleast on the thou his height and weight won't count against him so much. He looks like UK's best chance of a champion at the moment but he has a long road ahead of him before we can get too excited.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

"A shock return to Yamaha"? Hardly a shock when the rumour has been around for weeks.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A shock Jolly

in that nobody thought his ego could take the climb down hit of being Jorge's bitch. There might still be a lot of hot air bluff and bluster, but really there's no wind in those flagging deflated sails at all. Just another old racer who doesn't recognise when the game's up.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

nos your a laughing stock

hi nos. thought i already told you that your a laughing stock on this forum and no body takes any notice of your ridiculus comments. When you can give constructive good comments then come back. But you have written so much crap and got so many predictions incorrect that you are a LAUGHING STOCK   

Reply to this Topic
vtwinjames

Oct 10

vtwinjames says:

Still the GOAT....

The thing is, if Rossi goes back to Yamaha, will he lose the respect and the title of the GOAT? He has to stay where he is and finish the job, otherwise people will always look back at this time with the Ducati and see him as a failure......

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Not the goat thing again...

He isn't and never has been the frigging goat. A ridiculous label in any event, but he doesn't have the best record of all time - if that's what you want to use to satisfy the label

The belief that he could adapt to, overcome and ride around any bike deficiency is in tatters. The development myth of having the ability to guide designer's pens and turn two wheeled water into wine is shredded.

If Yamaha have him back the only facet he has to cling to is that he will have the chance to prove he is still quick on a bike that he is comfortable on - I wouldn't bet against that, but a title, no.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rossi for a title I think its 50-59 if you ask me.

Reply to this Topic
ZEPH1100

Jul 06

ZEPH1100 says:

great test for Scott

Moto2 rider Scott Redding believes the MotoGP bikes "suit him more" after testing the Ducati in Mugello on Wednesday.

The 19-year-old Britain was testing the latest versions of the Desmosedici GP12 development bike.

"It was hard but fun and definitely more than I expected," the Marc VDS Racing rider told BBC Sport.

"Some things were easier, like the cornering, the hardest thing was trying to get around the traction control."

He added: "The main problem was the speed at the end of the straight, I wasn't expecting it to be so fast."
Continue reading the main story

“He is the English hope after Cal [Crutchlow] and he has good potential, is young and can be fast”

As one of the tallest and heaviest riders in the Moto2 class, Redding has a big disadvantage over his rivals and a move to MotoGP seems the logical step.

"I think it suits me more to be honest. I's the first time I've ridden anything bigger than a Moto2 so it definitely took a toll on the body, more than I expected, but in the end I enjoyed it," he said.

"I made my target lap time and I felt comfortable. I think it's the direction I need to go in."

Redding did a total of 127 laps over the two days of testing, and his best time was an impressive sub one minute 50 seconds on hard tyres.

Factory Ducati rider Valentino Rossi did a best of 1:48.4 during the Mugello race in June.

"[Ducati Corse general director] Filippo Preziosi seemed pretty happy with the lap time and my enthusiasm, I just kept going at it and going at it. I think they were happy with how I've performed over the two days. I've done all I can do," added Redding.

Moto2 rival Andrea Iannone is testing the bike from Thursday and Ducati team manager Vitto Guareschi has confirmed the possibility of both riders riding in a satellite outfit from 2013.

"They are two young, strong riders that are doing very well in Moto2," he said. "We want to make a satellite team with strong, young riders and it seemed a good time to test with them."

Nine-time world champion Rossi, who himself has had a difficult two-year spell with Ducati, has also given his backing to Redding.

"The Ducati guys asked my advice about young riders for the future and I spoke about Iannone, but also Redding has high potential," he said.

"He is the English hope after Cal [Crutchlow] and he has good potential, is young and can be fast."

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

So is

Crutchlow getting the push from team duck..? , have they lost intrest..?.

Crutch dosent seem to have much options.....does he...

Either sighns for tech3 or back to WSB.

Reply to this Topic
ZEPH1100

Jul 06

ZEPH1100 says:

New Duke team

I think they are creating a brand new team for the young un's

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN