Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Valentino Rossi talks about potential Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has given his views on a potential return to Yamaha’s factory squad in 2013, with speculation rampant in Laguna Seca that he will reject a new two-year offer to remain with Ducati. Rossi has been negotiating with Yamaha and a return to partner bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo could even be confirmed prior to the next round in Indianapolis. Rossi left...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 07:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
torryboy

Mar 09

torryboy says:

the goat

so he,s gona bottle it and go back to yamaha with his tail between his legs on shite money and give them a sponsor the goat lol.and the people that say he,s holding up the development of young riders by taking a bike he shouldnt get going by his recent performances got it right.but i suppose if we end up with the faggot mind games and crashing into other riders again that will be seen as a step forward for motogp.he buggerd up every ride he got with his ego and how its comes back to bite him would he win on the yamaha probebly but it is the best bike in the field if you take casey out of the equassion.i,d rather see the youngsters like redding iannone and the likes moving up just like rossi did himself.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

What has Ducati GP **

done for them lately. Nothing, but a continuation of wreckage to riders career. Their last hurrah 6 years ago when everyone got caught out with the 800cc change saw Ducati with a rocketship and the best tire back then.

Since then it has been:

2008 - 2nd (their lead rider severely beaten by 93 points) that year.

2009 - 4th (their lead rider severely beaten by 86 points and a went AWOL too) that year.

2010 - 4th (their lead rider severely beaten by 158 points that year and quit Ducati and the overhyped GP**)

2011 - 7th (their lead rider severely beaten by 141 points) that year.

2012 - 8th (lead rider wants to quit, similar reasons that made 2010 lead rider quit too.)

The Ducrapi GP12 is shit. They should convert the bike to CRT status.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

I'd be surprised..

..if he goes to Yamaha. The ego is way too huge to accept a role as second fiddle. If he can't match Lorenzo, there will be no hiding place for him, no bike to blame.

Lets face the facts that a 2 year younger, pre broken leg Rossi was struggling to match the less experienced team mate. Lorenzo is a stronger rider now. It ain't gonna be a fairytale ending. 

Maybe he's playing a waiting game to take Ducati for all they've got, take the money, blame the bike and leave the Rossi fans convinced that he could  have done it on the right machine....better to preserve the myth  than the truth be exposed.

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

I agree with you vtwin, that is what I fear he will do. I hope that I am wrong and will apologise for doubting his integrity on this forum I I am wrong. 

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

WAIT

until you realize that no factory hire you. i'm sure audi would think ten times before hire him with his current salary. i bet it's only 5M euro. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

LMAO

Not only is Rossi walking the paddock with the biggest hard on...err I mean 17M Euros. He has other riders fate hanging in the balance as to where the end up or the decesion they make. To top it all off, he has Marlboro $10M in his left pocket, Coco Cola $10M in his right pocket, Monster Energy, Dainese, and the list goes on and on and on and on and did I mention the VR46 store. About 1/2 the crowd at every racing venue wears something of Rossi. 10k VR's merchandise sold on a good day.

Now that is a walking bank that can bail out the Europeans. Where he wants to go is where he can dictate. His money and talent says so.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Milky...

... wrong again...

"2012 - 8th (lead rider wants to quit, similar reasons that made 2010 lead rider quit too.)"

That'll be 7th at the moment & the lead rider has just been signed for another season...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

... & you seem to be saying Rossi's biggest attribute is being able to attract sponsorship... nothing there about racing ability... shame it's come to this. If championships were based on money Bill Gates could wop Rossi's arse & take the next 30 or 40... they're not... get over it.

Reply to this Topic
millarmob

Jul 05

millarmob says:

I hope I'm wrongt because I dont want to see the Spanish Riders dominate the motogp races when Stoner goes at the end of the season

and I will miss Stoner Notogp will miss Stoner for his drive to be No.1 andd his pure racing skill

I think Motogp and Rossi bank accounts needs Rossi to be there at the front every race  

If Rossi goes to Yamaha he still wont run at the front he has lost his little bit of that talent/drive that make you the best in your class

He just cant make that move that push to be no.1 again so he is really just racing for the money so I think he will stay at Ducati take the money for a 2 year deal then retire

If Rossi does decide to take a pay cut and be No.2 in the Yamaha team it will be a complete failure as you dont go from the no.1 in the world in the team to be the second best rider in the team ! or 4th or 5th in the world

He still has had a great career and been the man to make the Motogp a much better sport for the fans the riders and the owners  

Reply to this Topic
dessp2

Jan 04

dessp2 says:

God there are some......

boring bastards on this site.  It goes like this.......

Rossi, awesome just get back on the Yamaha

Stoner, shame to see you go as you are fantastic.

Pedrosa, enough is enough win it or f**k off.

Lorenzo, he is fucking awesome,

Now lets just watch the racing and enjoy....

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

You can't polish a turd...

...But you can roll it in glitter. Time for him to leave. If the engeineers won't listen it's time to go.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices