Skip to content

KTM Video: KTM 690 Duke longterm update 690 DUKE

You are in... Forums > KTM > 690 DUKE > Video: KTM 690 Duke longterm update

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: KTM 690 Duke longterm update

After 2000 miles with the new KTM 690 Duke, MCN's Liam Marsden gives us a quick update on his year so far. The Duke is spot on for commuting and hammering down twisty country roads, where bigger, more powerful bikes would struggle. If you want a pure, no-nonsense bike, the 690 Duke should be top of your list. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 July 2012 15:45)

Post a message in 690 DUKE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

We

learned that it doesn't wear thin. That it's best at back roads and commuting, the two problems he's had and that one of them is worth checking out when you get the bike as it can lead to the bike being immobilised.

I listened and didn't whine and learnt that it's a reasonably reliable bike which suffered from a failure due to a common problem with compact machines. Whatever you did is a mystery. It was a long term update, not a review or anything else. The less there is to say, generally the better.

Reply to this Topic
2drivesafe

Jul 11

2drivesafe says:

wire problem?

I would be interested to know more about the wire that wore through its casing and shorted out. I am interested in getting one of these bikes - the first test ride was a blast, but don't need issues on a bike i will ride every day!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices