Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

New 600cc sportsbike sales have fallen through the floor. What would make you fall in love them again? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 July 2012 17:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HondaRider600

Aug 12

ride comfort

I have ridden a zzr600(2004) and an cbr600F (2005) as those are the only bikes i can flat foot in the 600 class im 5ft 7 but only have a 30 inside leg and these 2 bikes are very comfortable on long rides and yes these bikes are no longer being made well the honda cbr600F came back in 2011 and is being manufactured again also the honda cbr600F engine is pretty much bullet proof (older models) i havnt ridden the 2011-2012 version

Reply to this Topic
mattiboy

Oct 05

mattiboy says:

Not that I necessarily agree with it, but I think 600s tend to be viewed as the poor-man's litre bike. That combined with the seemingly shrinking difference between the two in terms of size and weight, only really leaves price. The hike in prices of all bikes (particularly the japanese bikes), means that relatively, even the price differences are reducing. Only 600ish bike that I feel i'd be wanting rather than settling for would be the 675. I'd be interested to see if the KTM RC4r becomes a reality.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Something else...

Why don't you include a "Something else" option in your polls? Frequently I find that my main criterion is not mentioned....

I would love a sports 600 but just know that it would be much to uncomfortable for me to ride around town (and unfortunately I do have to do quite a few miles like this each week as well as A road use) so I am never likely to buy one despite enjoying the top end focussed kick

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Errr nowt actually

The thought of being cramped up on a sports bike does not appeal, my knees and wrists are passed it. As the average age of UK's biking fraternity seems to be getting older by the day, my guess is that this sector of the market will continue to shrink.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Gutless and somewaht insipid new plastic fantastic

Modern 600cc sportsbikes are now somewhat gutless in the midrange for road use (compared to similar priced litre bikes). I have a CBR600F (amoungst other things) that I've always viewed as an adequate bike but one I have no emotional attachment to. I find the lack of midrange for that bike on the road to be somewhat annoying. If I only ever used a new 600cc sportsbike on the track todays range might appeal but they've disappeared up their own exhaust pipe becoming less road applicable by trying to be slightly quicker round a track. Add to that cramped riding positions, less than spectacular fuel economy, poor turning circles etc etc then it's not suprising road riders are starting to ignore them. I have a lower powered supermoto with bags more torque/ acceleration and get far more enjoyment from riding that then the CBR.

The economy, continual poor weather and fact that bikes and biking circles have lost a significant part of their fun factor suggests bike sales may be in the dolldrums for some time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Also need "cheaper insurance" and "none of the above"

Yoofs can't insure them, grown ups don't want them, they have no significant inherent merits, and absolutely nobody needs them.

If you want a nice looking do anything on any day bike, get an ER-6f or SV650S.  If you want to pull on a gimp suit and keep up with the pack of geriatric Rossi fantasists on the public road on sunny Sundays (remember them?) get a litre.  If you want to tour Scotland while pretending you're having a Mongolian adventure, get an R1200GS.

The era of the 600 supersports is over, and there's no particular reason to mourn them.

Reply to this Topic
lukejr1

May 12

lukejr1 says:

What would make you fall in love with 600cc sports bikes?

a 1000cc engine?

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Not sure why everyone's moaning here

If you want a bike with a lot of grunt, don't get a sports bike.  No point in getting a bike designed to be peaky and built for pure performance,  then whinging about it needing to be revved a bit more, and not being terribly comfortable.  

What do you want - speed or comfort?

Having said that,  my gsxr600 is fine for a good couple of hundred miles.  If I wanted to go a lot further, I should take something else.  It's also surprisingly good in the mid-range.  Not going to pull like a tractor, of course, but it's enough to be usable.

Personally, I don't want a 1000cc.  The 600 has more than enough go in it for me.  Downside is that it is a bit pricey. 

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

An ageing demographic ?

If you check the MCIA figures, you'll see that the only big bike growth is in adventure sports. There's clearly a shift in progress. The best selling big bikes are the Street Triple R and R1200GS.

Reply to this Topic
9211ben

Aug 12

9211ben says:

i think more bikes should be 750cc so that theres good power for carry pillions but not the mega power of 1000cc bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices