Skip to content

Discuss This World Superbike riders want to borrow your bike First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > World Superbike riders want to borrow your bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

World Superbike riders want to borrow your bike

MCN is sorting out a used bike test and we need to borrow some bikes from our readers for World Superbike and Supersport riders Tom Sykes, Sam Lowes and Leon Camier to ride. This is not a track test, the bikes will be fully insured by MCN and we only need to borrow the bikes for one day – the only...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 August 2012 10:47)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
colinS2R

Mar 06

colinS2R says:

world superbike and supersport riders, very sedate, hmmm.......

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

It will be sedate

It certainly will be sedate because the tracking car is a VW Golf Bluemotion with a photographer in the boot!

There is no track time available at Silverstone so certainly no track beasting for the bikes at all.

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
timkirk1980

Jun 12

timkirk1980 says:

My wife too?

Of course. Please take my expensive to run/service Duc for some 'sedate' riding. I'll even throw in my missus and a full tank of fuel :)

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

2  1000cc sportsbikes against a 750cc one? I'm sure the assessment will be the 750 handled well but was slightly lacking in stomp. Why isn't the 05 GSXR1000 going against it's rivals?

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Used bikes test

This isn't a direct comparison test. Leon Haslam is going to be riding a BMW Boxer Cup replica for example. It's about showing what is out there and getting some feedback from the WSB riders. No bike is going to 'win' or 'lose' the test. It's an example of what £3000 to £4500 can buy you along with a load of other used bikes picked out (but not ridden) too.

Regards

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

yeah ok, they can lend me their girl friend and then i'll lend them my bike... its about the equivilant

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

All very interesting.

I'd have been happy to lend the old R1100S (non boxer cup) in exchange for an autograph under the seat cover. Shall look forward to the feature any ways.. :o)

Reply to this Topic
mattydred

Aug 12

mattydred says:

blade

i gotta cbr1000rr4 blade. seen it on mcn classifieds a couple of months ago and bought it same day for £3900. where is this used bike test at and will you pay fuel cost and get the dinner in + pint ;0)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices