Skip to content

SUZUKI Sheene inspired Suzuki Gladius launched GLADIUS 650

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > GLADIUS 650 > Sheene inspired Suzuki Gladius launched

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Sheene inspired Suzuki Gladius launched

Suzuki has launched a limited edition Gladius with Barry Sheene inspired paint scheme. The 1970s RG500 inspired bike will be available for a limited time from authorised Suzuki dealers at a cost of £6,399 - £300 more than the standard model. The bike will also come with a bellypan. The standard Suzuki Gladius is also available with £500 off the recommended retail price until...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 August 2012 12:17)

Post a message in GLADIUS 650

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

They should definantly put that colour scheme on the 750cc or 1000cc

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

They did a Sheene rep GSXR750K5 and it looked awesome. Got to say that this Gladius looks nice, should it be £300 more expensive? not IMO. If they need to shift them then do the colours scheme for the same price.

All it really shows is that most bikes these days have crap colour schemes and we all prefer the old classic colours. Lucky strike still looks awesome and I'd never have my GSXR painted in Rizla colours, or Fixi that htey currently have in WSBK.

Why can't the current sponsors make colour schemes as good as the now banned tabacco sponsors of the old era?

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Price will knock the Sheene off bike.......

A colour scheme that can make a bland looking machine look a million dollars is worth paying the extra for some would say. However,as with this Gladius, Suzuki charging already cash strapped punters an extra £300,:shock:in a time of Global recession,on top of standard £6,100 price is bad business! Yes, the bike has been given a nice neat belly pan (SHOULD BE FITTED AS STANDARD KIT) to complement the special colour scheme,and does wonders for the bikes looks,but given what this bike is,a naked 650 middle of the road commuter-sports,etc, i personally  think,£6000 is more than enough to pay,with the SHEENE colour scheme and belly pan,fitted.Sometime's,manufacturer's don't do themselves any favour's with the customers.:eyebrows:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

i've never liked the gladius, but with that paint job it does look like a bike i'd like to own

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

In the scheme of things

The gladius is a nice bike,. It's always the name that got me... sounds too much like gladys.

"Oh , wait a sec , here comes gladys"

That said , the price for the bike is a good bit cheaper than my V-Strom 650 and the build quality on it is nice. Suzuki do have a habit of charging for extras but would you prefer they fitted it as standard and FORCED you to pay extra for the part?

The only thing that does is make the price LOOK worse because then you can actually see what you are paying for.

Personally , I think a £300 paint job for a bike which already looks very nice is not bad.

Reply to this Topic
NOTiFY

Aug 02

NOTiFY says:

Really it should be a "Heron Suzuki" inspired paint scheme. These were the colours of 1970s/80s Team Suzuki GB sponsor Heron, a business run by Gerald Ronson. They introduced self-service petrol retailing into UK and that is why it was "Team Texaco Heron Suzuki". Agree a GXR 750 would have been more appropriate, though they bored out 500 to 680 so Sheene could compete in the 750 class.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Dont see much Sheene inspiration in this bike. Another overplayed marketing ploy.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

I think

Suzuki have missed a trick with the Gladius. I think it would have been better to bring the SV up to date. Some budget 'up-side downies', better standard rubber and a re-style. Would have been just the job to compete more effectively with the ER-6 range. Paint job looks OK though.

Reply to this Topic
tackyaccy

Dec 07

tackyaccy says:

They

should have called it the Suzuki Mary it was obviously aimed at the fairer sex.Sheene inspired don't make me laugh, my sides are killin me.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

WHAT

No just no.how dare suzuki put barry sheenes name on that turd of a bike.shame on you suzuki

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices