Skip to content

DUCATI Video: Ducati 848 Streetfighter longterm update STREETFIGHTER

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > STREETFIGHTER > Video: Ducati 848 Streetfighter longterm update

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Ducati 848 Streetfighter longterm update

Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves has spent what little summer we've had in the UK enjoying his longterm Ducati 848 Streetfighter and here he gives his thoughts on life with the Italian V-twin so far. Neeves has added a few accessories over the summer to improve looks and performance and will be heading to Europe on the Ducati in the coming...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 August 2012 16:56)

Post a message in STREETFIGHTER

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

this is the www we want videos

take a video camera or 2 on your eurotrips, you could review the camera's and mounts n make a road movie, i think MCN should embrace video blogs more for the www. I'm also at odds with this slipper clutch stuff in your report in MCN, i thought it only kicked if you can't match your engine speed during change downs or you make a error, like has everyone forgotten how to correctly blip the throttle when changing down gears, it's not just to make it sound good.

Reply to this Topic
De Puniet

Sep 08

De Puniet says:

What a bike

What an awesome bike. I would love one of those but insurance is too high. Rode the 1098s and thought it was amazing.

Top report Neevsey as usual. Top bloke. Have a good summer tour.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Seems like a good bike

but not too keen on that bellypan...

Reply to this Topic
gixerman1

Aug 11

gixerman1 says:

slipper clutch

venturer the slipper clutch stops the back wheel from locking up on downchanges, thats why its called a slipper clutch when say you go from 5th to 2nd it stops it locking back wheel.

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Slipper clutch

Venturer. Yep, blipping on the downchange is still a good idea, but a slipper clutch stops the back wheel from hopping when you're piling into a corner from high speed, braking hard and banging down the gears. It's just another tool to make the bike easier to control. It also smoothes things out when you're just getting on and off the throttle in the same gear.

Neevesy

Reply to this Topic
dimichan

Aug 12

dimichan says:

Top MPH for the 848?

Hi, Michael, MCN forum: Very informative video. Just bought a new red 2012 Streetfighter 848. Still breaking her in and would like to know what her top speed is around? No one at the dealership could give me a consistent answer. Any idea?

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Top speed

Not sure on top speed, we haven't performance tested it yet. I would guess between 140-15mph depending on the wind. It's all about having fun below the ton on this bike - top speed is boring! Neevesy

Reply to this Topic
dimichan

Aug 12

dimichan says:

Top speed

Thanks. I agree completely this bike is a charm to ride. I'm at a sensible age now and was "intellectually" curious of the number. Not sure I'm brave enough to do it anymore. Keep up the great posts on this.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Naked Bikes

Does not make sense to get a naked bike if you are concerned with top speed, since the wind blast will keep you from being there long.  A streetfighter should have a lot of grunt at legal speeds - one reason why a dedicated twin is better than just taking the fairings of an inline-4 sport bike.

Reply to this Topic
lee696

Sep 12

lee696 says:

Went to Ducati Coventry today on open day and had a ride out on 848 SF. Accompanied and therefore a bit steady but what a lovely bike to ride. Was a bit wary before I got on as only ridden 80 bhp monster and less before but it was really light and easy to ride and the pick up was great on the twisties. Need to get saving.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices