Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph unveil new Explorer XC TIGER 1200 EXPLORER

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1200 EXPLORER > Triumph unveil new Explorer XC

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Triumph unveil new Explorer XC

This is Triumph’s new XC version of its Explorer 1200 – the surprise unveiling and one of the highlights of the weekend’s Triumph Live at Mallory Park. Built as a more, rugged, off-road orientated version of the Explorer (in a similar way to its smaller Tiger 800 and Tiger 800 XC double act) and undoubtedly aimed squarely at BMW’s R1200GS Adventure,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 September 2012 11:26)

Post a message in TIGER 1200 EXPLORER

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Looks...

Fantastic! Hopefully the reviews when it comes out are the same , BMW need some competition likethis!

Reply to this Topic
ABDN1984

Feb 10

ABDN1984 says:

Don't get it.

I love the Explorer (I pick mine up next week) but this seems a bit strange.  The BM's adventure effort has a huge tank and raised suspension, list goes on. . .  -  this has wire wheels and some bits off the options list?  I thought that when they did this (come on was it really a surprise to anyone?) they would have made some other changes to the body work or something - I mean there are some differences between the 800 and the 800 XC.

I do like the wheels though, probably worth the extra £600 just for them!  I'll be scouring Ebay for a set of those bad boys in the near future.  Definitely won't be re-spraying in green though. . .

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

What's not to get? More butter for the fantasy sandwich.

We all know that these are tourers and that almost nobody takes them off tarmac.

It's all about the appearance that the owner could sack it all off and go and tame Outer Mongolia at any time.  This one should sell like, well, like BMW R1200GS Adventures at a chartered accountant confererence.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

I like the green... that's a nice colour... they probably should have had wire wheels to begin with though

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I'm probably completely wrong, but do those wire wheels look strong enough to you to hold the weight of that bike, with rider, passenger and luggage too? And khaki green? Drop it on the grass and you will never find it! LOL! I was expecting a new Street Triple, maybe later in the year.?

Reply to this Topic
stickywicket

Jul 10

stickywicket says:

This will be to take the interest from the new 1200GS I expect. Is that "Racing Green!!!?"

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Spoked wheels

are more than up to the task, spoke wheels will absorb energy better,flex and are repairable. Cast wheels will take a bigger hit without bending but will crack if the hit is a little too big.spoke wheels will give a more compliant ride when used off road, all be it with a slight weight penalty.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Got a bit of this about it tho

:laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Mmmnn

If you are gonna take this off road you'll need ot budget for tyres too....

Reply to this Topic
barnsyuk

Mar 11

barnsyuk says:

It's all about range

To compete against the BMW's it needs a bigger tank to give it more range, I recently did Calais to Munich in one hit on a BMW and only stopped twice for gas, with the Explorer it would have been 3-4 stops. As previous post said, nothing new, just added stuff from the accessory list.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices