Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: Why don't we nod anymore?

Last Sunday I rode from my home near Exeter to my in-laws' house in Birmingham. I must have passed over 100 bikes but, despite my cheery waves, only received half a dozen or so nods in return. What's wrong with bikers these days; why does hardly anyone wave anymore?  Your answer could help. The best will be printed in next week's MCN,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 September 2012 15:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Ignorance and probably arrogance , I always nod because I was brought up doing it. On the continent , especially France, every single biker drops a leg as they go past .... I think a lot of british lads just need to get over themselves and realise they're not "above" it all ... Harsh but true ..

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Nodding disease

Nodding Disease

It's mysterious, spreading and incurable. 

Reply to this Topic
meanbean

Sep 08

meanbean says:

nod to fellow bikers

for me i allways nod ,stick my hand up or put my leg out which ever is safer at the time , i nod to all bikes ,scooters ,superbikes ,tourers ,etc etc ,sometimes get a reply but less now than 10 15 years ago , i often ride alone as my riding style and speed is a little ott but thats me ,but as a result iam often ignored at meets and gatherings as a result , iam not a bad person i just like to open the throtlle

Reply to this Topic
Kando

May 11

Kando says:

;) Never ignore a nod!!

Everyone should make the effort to nod when out on the open road. It's nice to have a sense of biking comunity. Although I understand why it doesn't happen in city centres like London as you would have whip lash by the time you had rode into work.

Reply to this Topic
madshep

May 06

madshep says:

HD

I've noticed a lot that Harley riders NEVER nod back, and they also for some reason never acknowledge or thank me when I'm in my car and pull over to the verge to let them pass more easily.

All other makes of bikes riders do ................... just seems that HD owners are ignorant I'm guessing?

Anyone else noticed this??

Reply to this Topic
jimbobmee

May 12

jimbobmee says:

give the nod

Well i rode home from work last night and everyone must of been reading this as out of the 8 bikes i past on my way home all 8 nodded back to me. Keep nodding people....

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

its the bmw gs riders

they never nod they must be better than us eh!

Reply to this Topic
Rustum

Sep 12

Rustum says:

Node

Been riding from Kent to Central London for the last 4 years. Must say everytime I've nodded other bikers have nodded back. Mostly at traffic lights. Not come across any biker who's not nodded back - never tried waving though, a bit extreme maybe... try nodding net time.:-)

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

COZ69

I've just traded my GS and I always nod. Don't be so stereo typical.

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

I do

I live down exeter way - I nod all the time, give way to bikes when driving my car and stop to help broke-down bikers when I'm in my car or on the bandit. Thats part of being a biker. Its harder to wave to at a ton (kmh, of course).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices