Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone join Pramac Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone join Pramac Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone join Pramac Ducati

Ben Spies and Andrea Iannone will ride for the Pramac Ducati squad on full factory Desmosedici machinery in the 2013 MotoGP world championship. Although they will both race for the satellite squad run by Pramac, a statement from Ducati confirmed that Spies and Iannone will have a direct link to the Bologna factory and they will be supplied with official equipment...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 September 2012 17:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Thoughts and Maybe's

Maybe Spies and Ducati think he could do a Stoner and have the style and skills to put the thing on the top step. The Ducati is around a second or so off the pace of Honda and Yamaha - That's only about one tenth of a second on each corner - everyone knows the Ducati has the straight line speed - perhaps Spies thinks that he can make up that tenth per corner with his riding as did Stoner.

Maybe Spies thinks or knows that the Audi/Ducati partnership will get the current bike to the top next season and he can move up to team 1. in 2014 when Nicky retires.

Will Ducati want a rider from their 'junior' team beating their no. 1 team?

Waiting for Suzuki ?  There is no guarantee that Suzuki will be any better when they return than when they left.

Maybe his future success is with Ducati.    This is all quite exciting stuff and I can't wait to see how the story progresses.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Well said Tripitaka.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

contradiction

he goes from one of the best bikes on the grid to the most struggling, by choice, tell me how it will make him have more fun!! more injurys yes, he crashed the yamaha himself this season many times in races, what makes him possibly believe he wont on the ducati when mr rossi has struggled so much, has he forgot about laguna???rossi and hayden who knows the place like his right arm went down, all i can say is redding again missing out but maybe winning the moto 2 title will be more realistic now for him, goo d mix up all in all tho at least its keeping bikes on the grid,spies tho to me has done all this for the im going to quit attention and got himself this ride, speaking like a lost little boy then staying on. makes caseys decision imo to quit even more frustrating.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Clever

Spies controversial move to Ducati has created as much if not more attention and interest than Rossi's move back to Yamaha. Spotlight on Spies!

Clever young man.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Not convinced...

Spotlight's'll soon fade after the first few races of 2013, when he bins the Duke and/or doesn't get anywhere on it.

How much "development" can an ex-WSB rider seriously do, when he's not even managing to get anywhere on one of the top 2 machines in the paddock? (Bad luck aside)

I just think Ducati's "junior team" should have been brought up from a plethora of Moto2 candidates.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Don't speak too soon

Spies has talent and ability so don't write him off before he's shown his colours in 2013.  Same with Smith - give 'em a chance - then criticise if they mess up!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

This is what I actually predicted would happen if Spies left Yamaha join Ducati the works team the move to the junior team actually caught me by surprise maybe if he does well which I hope he does he could be a candidate to take Hayden's ride in 2014 but its too early to say that.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Bloodbubble

Do not judge others - lest you be judged yourself.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Do you Bloodbubble

I witnessed immense negativity on these forums yesterday - are you planning to rectify this and become a positive person ?

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Ah the negativity

I fear your last comment will awaken the Flob monster from the darkness of it's pit and the discussions will degenerate into mindless blabber.    Have a nice day !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices