Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should every biker own a BMW R1200GS at some point? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should every biker own a BMW R1200GS at some point?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should every biker own a BMW R1200GS at some point?

It seems no matter where you go there's always at least one BMW R1200GS. Should every biker own one at least once? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2012 17:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mr. Luck

Jan 08

Mr. Luck says:

you'll hate yourself...

I feel dirty for liking my fugly gs but it does really do more then it should, if it had 150 horses like a multistrada it would be almost perfect for everyday abuse on a 100 commute in to central london.....

That being said, i've never once opened the garage, looked at it and smiled or just got on it for a sunday thrash.....its not that kind of bike, its a workhorse/two wheeled tractor.....

Reply to this Topic
r1stevie

Oct 08

r1stevie says:

gs adventure

there just perfect thats why they sell so many [and they aint cheap] i drove from edinburgh to bastogne Belgium to meet my mates they took the newcastle ferry i took the tunnel one go iwas fookeed but the bike was perfect for the trip average 380 to 400 miles to a tank tank holds about 35 ltrs ive had r1s gsxrs all the usual sport bikes i ride enduros and do scottish champ trials i only reason i bought the adventure was i got hit by a car and my triumph was a rite off and i could hardly bend my leg so i needed a big comfy bike i love the gs and wont be going back to sport bikes

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

not thanks its for old men who are up there own ****  ktm 990 adv is fair cooler

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i wont not wont one becouse 1st they are very heavy and to the seat hight is huge i mean i am 5.8tall and found the seat of the  1200adv to be even more huge.  to sell more of these bikes they need to get the weight down with the ktm 990 adv and lower the seat so more normal size people can use one.

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

NO

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Personally, I have nothing against the GS, I've had a couple of boxers in the past. The issue for me not having one is that I have Duck's Disease - my arse is too close to the ground.....

Reply to this Topic
Ozzie3

Dec 04

Ozzie3 says:

Which Bike

I have had quite a few differant bikes,sports and sports tourers.The answer is NO why should everyone own one? I have had one for 5 years now(trouble free) and truly believe it is tyhe best bike i have owned, over a 45yr period. It is easy to ride,comfortable and does what it says on the tin.But this does not mean its the best just because I say so.Its my preferance but everyone is differant. Perhaps if I was a young fellow again I may think a sports bike was for me again. Im happy with my lot and Im, not getting any younger so i will stick.

Reply to this Topic
siltec

Aug 02

siltec says:

Big BMWs

Two wheeled poseur wagon.

I just wish they made a decent 250/500 witheconomy to match.

Only BMW I have ever fancied is the R25. Not into speed, just riding so a nice 80 mpg 250 shaft drive would do me fine.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Depends how tall you are..

What's the minimum height requirements to ride one of these Behemoth's anyway?

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

no

not unless you have a beard and wear leather chaps with braces also you will need a bavarian peaked flat cap and be called ralph or henrich.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices