Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi doubts podium challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi doubts podium challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi doubts podium challenge

Valentino Rossi has cast serious doubt on his ability to challenge for a rare Ducati podium in Sunday’s Japanese Grand Prix, despite ending the first day of practice in a hugely promising fifth position. The 33-year-old slashed almost a second off his best time in the second session to clock a fastest lap of 1.46.687 that left him 0.599s behind Dani...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 October 2012 10:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi you dosy old fool

Only you and a couple of wet yellow blankets say Honda moved the goalposts out of sight 2011. The facts state Stoner was no faster 2011 than he was on the Duke 2010.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Nostro

I don't know what stats that you have been looking at, but the ones I saw, Stoner was a lot faster on the Honda in both FP3 and QP

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Nostro..

..you dosed up drug addict.

At Motegi, Stoner qualified nearly two whole seconds faster on the RCV in 2011 than he did 2010 on the Ducati.

Go on..tell me it was all down to tyres, conditions, arm pump, tight underwear, blah-de-blah..ZZzzzzz

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

And

Lorenzo qualified nearly 2 whole seconds quicker on the 2011 M1 than he did on the 2010 M1

So not just Honda that moved the goalposts for 2011 then....

Dovi was actually on pole 2010 on the Honda. In 2011 he only knocked 1.3 seconds off his 2010 time

Not all down to the bike perhaps

Come on then Wosi old lad, what's your comeback to that

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

So..

Hayden was faster by about the same amount as Dovi from 2010 to 2011 but Jorge was half a second faster again..Yes?

Did Lorenzo up his game by half a second..you know improve his riding, or was it the bike?

He was champ in 2010 by some margin but was outclassed by Stoner on the RCV 2011..

In wosis dim and uneducated view, you've just gone a long way to confirming how much the Yamaha improved in 2011 and the Honda was even better.

If the 2011 Honda was as good as the 2010 Ducati, as Nostro is suggesting, how come Stoner didn't win the title on it? He won 7 MORE races on the Honda, than the year before on the Ducati?..did he improve by half a second like Lorenzo?

The pair of you are fkin fruitcakes!..Orange fruitcakes.

Was Stoner as fast on the Ducati as the Honda?

NO..He wasn't. 

It's not hard to understand.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

moaning girls

looks to me the most moaning comes form all of you on this form! a excuse does not always mean there moaning. but you all our fun to read. my ankle broke so i cant put or move well excuse or moan, my leg is healing excuse or moan? lighten up.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Fetch the nurse

The pair of you are fkin fruitcakes!..Orange fruitcakes.

Love it Wosi,  fckin love it

Now, if you'll stop beathing in mind bending crotch odour for a moment from those yellow panties you wear as a face mask.

I know you like to convince yourself that Stoner had a huge bike advantage but using his times as a yardstick for bike performance doesn't work as he swapped bikes. If you took him out of the results and there was another Honda in second place every race that would have taken the win instead, the argument would have more merit. There wasn't, the other two between them would still only have won half the races Stoner did. He won more on the Ducati than the pair of them have in 5 years on the Honda

Using Hayden's Motegi 2010 / 2011 times, as you say, he improved by 1.4 secs. Would Stoner have got more out of it than that, another half second say? Spies knocked 1s off Rossi's 2010 time - would Rossi have found the extra half second Lorenzo did. Most likely. Fair to say then, that Stoner would have found more than Hayden and if so, his Ducati could have been around pole or second.

I don't put too much faith in playing with figures like this - too many variables for any conclusions as to how much one manufacturer improved their bike. You can play with them and produce any conclusion you like - too subjective.

Reasonable to say then that the rider made the difference to Honda in 2011, you're going to have to accept it one day......  but yes, the Honda was a better bike than the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bike advantage.

Didn't make the difference this year did he?..and wasn't making the difference before he smacked himself up either..

His team mate, who was crocked last year, has done good and was beating him before Indy.

How come he managed it last year..but not this?

Dovi bagged 3rd on his Honda without a win.

Straight answer please?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

As I've always said Wosi, there is little if nothing between Lorenzo Pedrosa and Stoner. I've never said he was in a different league. In terms of outright speed he's probably the fastest and he seems to have an unequalled ability to drag results out of a bike that isn't always on equal terms with others. Not always, but on many occasions, far more than anyone else.

If all three are fit and injury free then the tiniest of things on race day will make the difference between them from set up to inconsistency with tyres to the slightest of mechanical issues such as clutches or brakes giving issues. Such things make the difference between 1st or 2nd.

Last season he won more than the other two Repsol Hondas put together. No magic formula. Whether you think the Honda was better than the M1 or not, he smashed the other 3 works Hondas.This season he finished ahead of Pedrosa more than Pedrosa did him up to Indy and the DNF and poor result at Mugello is what let Pedrosa catch up in points.

Dovi got 3rd 2011 because of what happened to Pedrosa and even with that it was only just. He could have pulled 100 points on Pedrosa with the 4 races he missed yet he only finished about 10 in front. Spies was poor on the factory M1 and Rossi had a woeful year on the Ducati. Pedrosa uninjured and Rossi still on the M1, Dovi would have finished his usual 5th on a bike that won 10 races with another rider.

Pedrosa is having his best season and has found improvement this year, maybe through a determination to beat Stoner. Up to Indy, it was still a 3way fight for the title.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices