Skip to content

Discuss This Early mistake ends Dani Pedrosa’s title bid MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Early mistake ends Dani Pedrosa’s title bid

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew.birt  says:

Early mistake ends Dani Pedrosa’s title bid

Early mistake ends Dani Pedrosa’s title bid in Phillip Island Dani Pedrosa will start an eighth season as a factory Honda rider in 2013 still seeking to capture an elusive first MotoGP world title after an early crash in yesterday’s Phillip Island ended his aspirations for another season. Starting the 27- lap race knowing that he had to finish in front...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 October 2012 07:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Why

Randy finished runner up 4 times in the 500cc world championship on 4 different makes of machines

is it that this is considered a measure of a rider's ability

This sort of thing is common in other disciplines or other forms of motorsport, why do people make such a big deal out of it in Motogp?

If a good rider has a good bike they'll do well on it, the brand name is irrelevant, surely?

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Dani deserves top ride

Up untill now I always thought that Dani was the weakest of the Aliens,an only just Alien.This I feel was fair comment in the past but my perspective on Dani has changed.

The first half of the season Dani was doing well to OK but the second half saw a very different Dani.Dani has really shown that he can challenge & beat Casey & Lorenzo in no uncertain terms.Dani has proved he has the ability to win a championship & that he is definatly deserves the elite Alien status & that he is by no means the weakest but can beat the best of the best.

Dani deserves his place at Honda in the Repsol factory team based on his performance this year.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Lorenzo99

Yes, I fully agree with that, and I'm hoping that with a good winter testing programme, that he remains injury free, and that with the same new found confidence that he's been showing, he's going to be one to beat next year.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Last Chance

Next year will be his last chance. Well maybe not since he has a 2 year contract signed. But that's 7 years now. In that 7 years he has won total of 21 GPs, where Stoner in total has won 38. 15 of those are on the Honda bike. 2 years to 7 years. Stoner was seriously catching and was about to pass Dani, before his injury. I don't care how many times he finished second or third in the championship, nor how many times he has finished on the podium. Its all about winning races and championship. In the premiere class, Dani has not lived up to the expectation. Period.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Winning Championships

ppatel3d - Dani has always been a good rider but never quite able to win a championship,however this year he has shown us he defenatly has the skill & potential to win a championship.Just because he has never won a championship dosnt mean he never will but I do agree with you that he is running out of time & this year was his best chance so far.

If Marc Marquez lives up to the hype he will need 1 year to learn & then he will be a favourite to win the championship.All Repsols time & energy will go into Marquez & Dani will be playing second fiddle yet again.Dani really needs to win next year or make Marquez look stupid to stay number 1 at Repsol.

Honda should rally round Dani next year like they did this year as soon as Casey was down & out of the title fight because the boy can do it.Full Repsol support is what has made the difference with Dani & what a difference it has made this year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices