Skip to content

Discuss This MV Brutale 800 announced First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > MV Brutale 800 announced

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West, Executive Editor  says:

MV Brutale 800 announced

This is the brand new MV Agusta Brutale 800 – a new three-cylinder roadster based on the Brutale 675, fitting between it and the bigger, four-cylinder 1090 Brutales and set to challenge the likes of Triumph’s updated 675 Speed Triple, Kawasaki’s new Z800 and Ducati’s 800 Monster. Not only does the enlarged three cylinder engine produce significantly more power than the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 November 2012 13:09)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

brutale r! Yet Again!!!

I've had a Sprint ST 1050 for 5 years with not one single problem in 22,000 miles (unlike your bike!) then sold it for the Tiger 800 on which I have done 6,000 miles this summer, no problems. My wife has had a Bonneville T100 for 5 years with 15,000 miles on the clock, again not one problem! I have an excellent dealer 12 miles away who I can't fault so please tell me why I have 'fucked up'. My dealer also organises around 8 RAT pack rides a year, some with free refreshments included, they organise factory tours and keep me informed on everything Triumph with E mails. So I can't see any reason to swop my bike for any other at the moment. I rest my case coz this is getting boring! I'm not going to change and neither are you!

Reply to this Topic
jhandley

Aug 10

jhandley says:

MV -v- Triumph, hmm a difficult one that.  They both have some good stories and both have some bad.  Personally I can be smug as I have both (both 7 years old by coincidence).  I really need to sell one of them as I don't get the time to do either of them justice, but I simply can't bring myself to make a decision.  They are both great bikes in their own right, for different reasons and I will hate parting with either one.  Each to their own I say, but whatever "your own" is, respect everyone else's choice.  After all, the reason bikes and bikers are special is that each are so individual.  Maybe I'll sell them both and get a 1050 Daytona..... they don't make one, but that's another discussion.

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

mv brutale vs Z800

I never understand how magazines compare vehicles from completely different price ranges... I would probably buy a Z800 as.its within my price range at £7500... but would love to own the MV above... but at nearly £10k its only a dream... also I would not expect the build quality and peformance of the kawasaki to match the MV. However, maybe readers such as Mr Handley, who are lucky enough to own more than one bike from the 'same' range of bikes could give me an informed point of view, can a cheaper model out perform the dearer marque in terms of performance and build quality. That red on the MV pic is amazing, a stunning bike... in looks atleast.

Reply to this Topic
jpma

May 12

jpma says:

oooh

Oh why isn't there an MV Agusta dealer in Ireland? Damn this broken little country!

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

again so wrong steve

burnt and J

in my 47 yrs of owning bikes.. every bike i have owned has been different ...

i have no idea who started compareing trumpies to MV ,s think it was MCN and some ppl who escaped from the loonie bin

just waiting for yam to bring out its triples then watch the trumpies owners start screaming how crap yams

steve dont chuck your toys out of the pram  m8 typical trumpie owner must be the best use the best get from the best

1 your dealer is no different any good dealer no matter if they sell honda suzi yam duke  ETC

2 my dealer  puts on a do at an oap place does that mean hes better than any other dealer NO and he arranges 1 ride out a month so the fuk what

3 can you tell me of a dealer and manufacturer that in this day and age  that dont Email and arange factory tours

4 mate with your sprint  5 yrs and only 22,000 miles fuk its only just run in  910 7 yrs old 127,000  still perfect  will keep for another 7yrs+ ..... what was wrong with the sprint m8 to only keep it for that short time and mileage

5 m8 you no nothing about MV or most other brands find out about a brand b4 you spout off

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Brutale r m8!

I wasn't goin to bother again but seeing as you ask 1/ I sold the Sprint coz I always wanted a big trailie and no-one makes one with a low enough seat height (I'm 28" inside leg). The Tiger is brilliant, try one. 2/  Must be different where you live but no-one supports their products like Triumph do The only time jap bike dealers contact you is to try and get you to buy another. 3/ Must be difficult for you to do a factory visit. 4/ Yamaha are obviously trying to jump on the bandwagon after seeing the success of Triumph. I only hope its a lot better than their last 3 cylinder effort. And isn't that what MV have done with their new 675 engine? Time will tell who has made the best job of it. Lets agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

m8

again MV made the trips famous back in the day even before the T150,s yam also madevery good trip engine

and look a trumpy owner has started on yam already

trumpie here are no different to any other brand very good after sales

it is very dificult and a long swim to do a factory visit but if im in Italy i am free to pop in to the MV factory any time  no need to book up

m8 you buy the bike you like and want ...........but you were the one spurting bollox about MV as i said typical modern trumpy owner

MV brute is the bike i chose yep it has faults so do all bikes .. MVF4 cant stand them orrible bike for me  and im not saying MV is the bestest bike ever not like a trumpie owner.......as to agree to disagree you will always disagree with anyone who likes any another brand than trumpie

so again SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

MMMMMM

I likey, A LOT !! I always fancied a Triumph but not half as much as i want one of these.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

M8!!!

You have me so wrong! I nearly bought a Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport after the Sprint ST (had 3 Guzzis before now) but it was too heavy and, as I said, I always wanted a big trailie with a manageable seat height and weight and the Tiger fits the bill. Theres no guarantee my next bike will be a Triumph but it just might as I fancy a Bonny! and by the way, the last Yamaha triple was widely known to be a dog. My mate had one and it was in the shop more than on the road. Read any review of the XS750/850 for conformation.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

satnav/brutale........

I Reckon you guys should play Tennis! at the moment It's 2 sets each and deuce in the 5th match. New Balls Please. I love All bikes apart from HD's

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices