Skip to content

Discuss This Biaggi retires from racing World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Biaggi retires from racing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Biaggi retires from racing

Six time world champion Max Biaggi has announced that he will retire from racing. The 41 year old Italian addressed a packed press conference in Vallelunga in his native city of Rome this morning where he revealed his decision to stop racing. Biaggi has enjoyed a spectacular career than has spanned over two decades competing in 250GP, 500GP, MotoGP and WSB....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 November 2012 11:22)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

The Wheely King

As said before I will never forget that. Love him or hate him he was a great racer and personality which I think helped moto GP being so popular in his heyday.He did not pander to the press and certainly didn't suffer fools gladly,all in all a great persona. I for one will miss him and wish him well in his retirement.

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

All the very best Max.

True legend and a great rider. For me, your return to Aprilia and two titles has been magnificent - a great last chapter to a glittering career. So glad you are hanging up the Dainese as a World Champion - you have a lovely family and wife - every happiness to you Max. Ciao Corsaro.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Max

Good rider for sure , never liked him though , not that he'll be bothered

Reply to this Topic
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

The Roman Emperior

Congrats to Max to hang up the Leathers on a high at the age of 41. Always loved watching him and some of his bad ass attitude. As some of you guys said....Love him or hate him...I loved him, he was an entertaining rider as well as for the press.

Good to have people in this sport with a bit of an attitude, better to watch that, than some of them Stonefaced ones.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nostro. You're as deluded as Wosi.

What rivalry did Biaggi ever have with Rossi? - In the seasons they raced together, Biaggi couldn't get anywhere near Rossi. He may have been runner up on occasion, but that result flattered the bare bones of the points haul. He was good on the 250, but in the current GP paddock, Max wouldn't have stood a chance...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi.

Stoner maybe retiring at 27, but his record on the big bikes compared to Max speaks volumes. MAX BIAGGI - Starts: 127 - Wins: 13 CASEY STONER - Starts: 114 - Wins: 38.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

CHR..

You're such a fanboy..got your hankies ready for Sunday?

Nobody suggested Max's record compares to Stoner in MotoGP, or that he was a better rider..

His record does however compare well with Dani's considering Pedrosa has been on a works RCV all his big bike career..and the little Spaniard who has won precisely nothing in seven years, beat Casey comprehensively this year on the same bike.

Face it Pal..Stoner couldn't back his title up on the best bike. He couldn't beat Jorge..he couldn't even beat his team mate.

Freddie Spencer was fast but flawed too..so take heart son.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, don't lose your cool..

..try and stay calm there, you'll give yourself an aneurism. I was just clearing up this ridiculous notion of both yours and Nostro's concerning Biaggi's apparent rivalry with your boy Rossi. The fact I could rub Stoner's obvious superiority on the big bikes over Max is just a bonus..

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

Million Dollar Max

I find most interesting that he wasn't even interested in bikes until he was 18 or so years of age, and a friend took him along to watch. Seems most the riders all started when they were 3 or 4 years old.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Luvin life..

..and as happy as a pig in shit.

Slumbering alien Rossi back on a competitive bike. No more whining Stoner fans. Seasoned commentators blaming the likes of wosi's playful harassment as the reason Stoner has turned tail and done a runner.

Aaah..Bliss.

Would love to see Stoner in the WSBK cauldron, having to battle his way through proper hard-core racers like Max has had to do for the last few seasons, taking two titles on route.

I think the aneurysm, lactose, arm-pump, book of medical ailments would have been all Casey's. Talcum powdering his bollocks wouldn't have helped either.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices