Skip to content

Discuss This Biaggi retires from racing World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Biaggi retires from racing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Biaggi retires from racing

Six time world champion Max Biaggi has announced that he will retire from racing. The 41 year old Italian addressed a packed press conference in Vallelunga in his native city of Rome this morning where he revealed his decision to stop racing. Biaggi has enjoyed a spectacular career than has spanned over two decades competing in 250GP, 500GP, MotoGP and WSB....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 November 2012 11:22)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi you muppet

2007 the Ducati was not inferior? Explain to me then (as you've continually refused - been unable - to do) why Loris Capirossi, the man voted by his peers as the best rider of 2006, was a million points behind Stoner in 2007? Remember Stoner said it was impossible to hit the same piece of tarmac two laps in a row on the pipe framed bikes.

And don't give me that playstation generation thing. We all know whatever level of electronic control Stoner has dialled in Rossi uses at least double.

As Stoner said having watched Rossi fail so terribly on the Duke. "Just how good were those M1's?"

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Biaggi retires

Dunno what it was about him that caused so much animosity. When I met him a few years ago at Donington Park he was the perfect Italian gentleman. No matter, he was a great Champion and has now had the last laugh on Rossi as he retires as World Champion on an Italian bike.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Apologies..

..for turning the Biaggi thread into a Stoner vs Rossi pissing contest again..but HEY, it's the last time Casey fans will be able to do so while their man is still racing so..why not eh?

CHR..Pal, I honestly thought you were saying Casey mullered Rossi while he was riding for Ducati. Easy mistake the way you've written it.

Look..of course Rossi's lack of success makes him look daft to the uneducated, but it's not quite as simple as that is it?

Ducati and Prezel have hardly covered themselves in glory. It's clear the bike, despite the new frame, has similar issues to those which caused Stoner to bin it five times in his last season for them.

Rossi, at 33, is not prepared to ride the bike like Stoner did, risking serious injury to gain half a second, and I don't blame him either. Rossi has ridden the bike to it's maximum potential for the championship. He is simply not prepared to push any further to make Ducati look better than they are. Why should he, given Ducati's track record?  

Prezel has not provided him with a bike that is consistent. They cannot get their heads around the fact that Stoner broke his balls trying so hard for them but nobody else will. They will not change the engine configuration because a 90 degree 'V' is synonomous with their brand and they would sooner quit GP than that. 

You bring Hayden up..and he has said the bike is better than anything else he's ridden that's red. That should give you a clue just how far the Japs have moved on since Stoner left.

Stoner fanboys such as yourself say that Casey would have won on the bike. I can't argue with that because it's a hypothetical opinion and he may well have done given the right circumstances but..at the same time, is it likely the CF 1000cc bike Ducati were persuing before Rossi got them to change design philosophy, would have been a championship contender given how far Stoner had to push over the limit on the 800?

Highly unlikely..so despite the results, the change has set them in the right direction. It's just the motor they need to sort now.

Back to Hayden..Many fans look upon him as a yard stick. He's been team mate to both Rossi and Stoner on different Ducati's.

There's a thread on crash.net at the minute where the recommended comment states that Rossi is a failure because he's no better than Hayden and Casey was always head and shoulders above. This is proof that Rossi is not even close to the level of Stoner?

This is inaccurate as well as showing just how dumb fanboys really are.

There are usually several ways to skin a rabbit..Casey's was the win or bin, shit or bust method. Rossi's is more measured with the bigger picture in mind.

Going into the last race of 2010..Stoner led team mate Hayden by 42pts.

Last race of 2012..Rossi leads Nicky by 35pts.

Less than half a point a race ain't much is it sunbeam?

PS. Nostro..simple child..I have explained my theory to you on Capirossi. Non alien, fatherhood, tax evasion and a precocious young spunker of a team mate.

What about Bridgestone and the fact that 5/7 top bikes, incuding BOTH Suzukis and a satellite Honda, ran the rubber? Where was the next Yamaha?  What happened when Rossi got the tyres in 2008?

And don't give me that Saturday night Michelin special bollocks you usually do either.

Heh heh..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

BloodBubble

'Revenge of the Sith is the best of the new Star Wars movies, but it's still 140 minutes of putrid, foul, rancid, arse water.'

I'm so hurt !

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Fanboy..

..I understand all this criticism has cut you deep Wosi, I can see it oozing out onto your keyboard, pages and pages of the stuff, septic and disingenuous. Your problem dear Wosi, is you use statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha, ha.

Very nicely put CHR.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Not as deep as your hero failing to back up his title, being beaten by his team mate and leaving you out in the cold for next year by jacking?

Nevertheless..as Nostro says, nicely put.

RIGHT..I'm off for early doors and a few too many Strongbows. Now, where's that lampost map I had the other day? 

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

max

fairwell to him and best of luck to his future,some great races and made a lot of ppl annoyed but made racing what it is to this day, always remember his rossi banters. best to go out on top and not with your tail between your legs.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Enjoy your session Wosi

I should imagine your hangover won't properly kick in until Tuesday / Wednesday though.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Max

Welcome back to the land of the living Max, fatherhood and ambassadorship aplenty for you!

So and Anglo-French RSV Squad for '13

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices