Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow targets more podiums in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow targets more podiums in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow targets more podiums in 2013

British rider Cal Crutchlow believes he can be battling for the podium in every race in 2013 after his impressive second season in MotoGP ended in painful and frustrating fashion in Valencia yesterday. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider looked on course to claim Britain’s best MotoGP result since 1989 when he sat in a comfortable second place with eight laps...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 09:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

This Year

I fear podiums will be much more difficult for Cal in 2013. He will be up against a rejuvenated VR and Dani ( how he has suddenly become a super alien) a totally frighteningly fast Marquez and Lorenzo so cool and calculating. So if those guys stay on board then he has very few opportunites but I doubt he'll be too worried about Bradley taking podiums from him tough.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

A paltry effort by the Brit

while his teammate for the first time on the Yamaha Satellite bike finished 4th overall to gorilla boy's 7th. To add salt to the wound Dovi had 6 podiums in comparison to baboon man 2 podiums.

Brit passport is surely at work here in overtime as he earned his ascension to Motogp with no credentials, did nothing, won nothing. He got a title as Rookie of the year for 12th overall in 2011 and this year gets a contract based on 7th place on one of the finest bike. The next passport rider from his homeland joins him as a do nothing but got in anyway. .......and we talk about other riders not getting a chance. Oh Boy, Oh Boy!!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
R30Paul

Jul 08

R30Paul says:

'British rider Cal Crutchlow believes he can be battling for the podium in every race in 2013...'
“I thought I was quite clever because I slowed down on the warm up lap..."

Try slowing down for the corners... finish the race... and take it from there...
Honestly?, even the Cal fans... Hands up who was surprised? No Hands?

Reply to this Topic
Drzee

Apr 10

Drzee says:

Whilst Cal has had a poor finishing record, he has shown signs that he is one of the fastest riders after the aliens.  Obviously, an understatement would be that he needs to work on his consistency!

Even the haters cannot deny that he has qualified well this year, far better than Dovi, showing he is not there for his passport but has talent.

Hopefully he will work on that for next year and also stop being a cock in interviews!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Still the best

He may be flawed, but he's still the best we've got at the moment, he's got to stop these unforced errors, and giving away podium places, it's not like he was 'fighting' for one yesterday, I think his pace is still too fast for his race craft, but that may come next year, and what do they say, first thing on the list is 'beat your team-mate', I think he's got that one in the bag, for next year.  

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Bennyandmultiples of

For once I have to agree that Cals trip down the road had me spitting with anger frustration and disgust,however up to that point a great ride ,but he really does have to improve on mistakes like that ,He had no need to still be pushing at that stage in the race ,but try not to be so happy he fell off ,you have enough to be thinking about the horror that Dovi has ahead ,Rossi left Ducati in disgrace yesterday ,so at least he has little to follow to look like an improvement on him

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Benny

Fuck me Pal...anyone would think you were talking from some point of reference(ie,racing experience)...instead of talking the talk on your computer ,tucked nice and warm in yer Mummys house...the only pattern I've seen all year is you wetting yer knickers every time you mention Dovi..:lol:..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

i remember one....

jorge lorenzo, who kept crashing out and now look at him!...i'd rather work with cal's consistency during the race, rather than just being slow and boring and then trying to get another 0.5 sec out of dovi and bautista for instance.

i wouldn't have wanted to interview cal after that one...ooop's.

yours aye

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

He has to push

He's a racer, it's what it's all about, I say three cheers to Cal for a good (if often liening on tarmac) season.

More balls than me?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices