Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo relieved title already decided after Valencia crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo relieved title already decided after Valencia crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo relieved title already decided after Valencia crash

Jorge Lorenzo admitted he was relieved to have already wrapped up a second MotoGP world title after he suffered a horrifying high speed crash while leading yesterday’s final race in Valencia. Tricky conditions meant yesterday’s 30-lap race was a crash fest, which included the Spaniard’s vicious high-side at Turn 10 when he was leading Dani Pedrosa on lap 14. Lorenzo assessed the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 November 2012 10:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well skippy

A blue flag, is to signal a slower rider to get out of the way!

So do you know for a fact that one was waved, that Ellison saw it and then ignored it. Or do you think Lorenzo just came up behind a lot quicker than he expected and had to avoid him. Ellison was on his own limit most likely - so how do you just evaporate out of someone's way when on full lean, committed to a corner?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Yeah, answer that and stay fashionable skipette!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Slower riders are, alwaays have always been and always will be part of racing - Lorenzo made a rookie error - had the track been dry Ellison could have moved over - because of the narrow dry line he couldn't and as he was fully committed to the corner there was nothing else to do but continue on  his line.  The aliens encounter slower riders all round the track during qualifying and have to deal with it then.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Lorenzos mistake

Pure and simple. There was one line. Ellison was on it. I like Lorenzo but in this case it was his error. Accept it u bunch of morons.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Track Width....

On a wet track with a one-metre-wide dry line Ellison would have crashed if he'd moved over to let Lorenzo pass in that series of corners. Lorenzo should admit his mistake rather than seeking to blame another rider who did nothing wrong. A few seconds later, if he'd been patient, Lorenzo could have passed safely on the straight. He does himself no favours by saying it can't possibly have been his own fault when it so obviously was.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

What a primadonna!!

Who does this dick Lorenzo think he is?? everyone has just as much right to be on the track as each other and as stated earlier, if Ellison had gone off the dry line, he would have crashed.Lets  face it Lorenzo isnt that good, he got impatient made a novice mistake and his traction control didnt save him, is this world champion riding, doubt it, thats right Georgy boy, blame someone else for your mistake, I,m a World Champion dont you know, get out of my way, PRICK!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
skippy992

Nov 12

skippy992 says:

So I guess you guys drive slow in the fast lane too?

The road's first rule is keep left, and racing first rule is to not get in the way of other riders, thus the blue flags, so I am convinced it's guys like you blocking the overtaking lane, under some mistaken belief that you have some sort of right ..... and to James.... mate you should have moved over, should have moved over... The Skippette.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

significant

Lorenzo has been put under a fair bit of pressure recently and has not dealt with it very well.
Ellison did nothing wrong.It was Jorge's mistake.
He was obviously feeling the pressure from Pedrosa during the latter part of the season as well.
Then he crashed again in Aragon in the wet maybe already feeling the pressure from his new teamate!
This all bodes well for Pedrosa and Rossi next season and they both know how he can crack.

bulto see your back to not responding to posts.
Was it another futile one or are you just a bit of a knob.....sorry I mean snob.

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

lorenzo vs ellison

Ben52 I agree. He was same when HE hit simoncelli two years ago. I hate whole idea of any rider, lapped or not, having to move out of the way for any rider- it prioritizes one rider's race over another's and can lead to accusations of favouring one rider lapping over the next. It must be responsibility of faster rider to get past not expect favours or need help.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices