Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS - VALENTINO ROSSI BACK TO YAMAHA MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS - VALENTINO ROSSI BACK TO YAMAHA

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2012 MOTOGP MOMENTS - VALENTINO ROSSI BACK TO YAMAHA

You’d have got better odds on Valentino Rossi coming round to your house for Christmas dinner than you would have got on the Italian completing a shock return to Yamaha in 2013. Had Casey Stoner not fallen out of love with racing and retired and had Ben Spies not surrendered one of the most coveted seats on the grid at Yamaha,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 December 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Not Again CCB

Casey is a super talent the took advantage in 07 when the Ducati had advantages over the Japanese

The same advantages that Capirossi couldn't take advantage of?

On the Honda? well people choose to forget Pedrosa was ahead of him in 2011 till he was torpedo'd by Simoncelli.

The same as you're "forgetting" that Stoner was only behind due to being smashed into a DNF by Rossi in a fine example of Rossi's RACECRAFT at Jerez.

Can you define this bullshit term racecraft?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Bulto

I can define that Stoners die hard fans just dont want to admit that the Ducati had a slight advantage over the japanese dids in 07. He bike was clearly faster in a straight in and the bridgestones out preformed the michelins. That doesnt belittle Caseys title, it just means he took advantage as many others did to win their titles. The same fans ridicule Rossi over the Jerez move marvel over some of the bully boy moves that Stoner has pulled since. They all do it, they all make mistakes. Pedrosa IMO would have taken alot more wins in 2011 with his badly broken collarbone and been in the running for the title. But hey thats racing. Rossi has been a huge let down on the Ducati i woud never argue that, but nor do i believe he is totally washed up. Be honest did Casey really do that well on it in his last two years ? a pair of fourth place finishes. If his fans would just admit the bike was flawed and not use the three wins at end of 2010 as a tool to beat Rossi with half the arguments would stop. Lorenzo was coasting to the title, Rossi was hurt and Casey didnt care if he crashed out, Look at his stats for the season for then. no wins but no crashes, he signs for Honda and upped his efforts, result? three wins but 3 crashes. Racecraft is want Lorenzo used this year to win the title , Honda gained the upper hand, but Lorenzo brought it home second every round to win the title, Casey? threw it away trying to win in Germany instead of settling to second then mullered himself playing catch up. thats poor racecraft.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Google chrome

It doesnt appear to recognise paragraphs

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

ccb

''Be honest did Casey really do that well on it in his last two years ? ''

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Race wins/regular podiums on a bike that has dumbfounded all others for many years leads me to say yes he did. I've yet to meet anyone who would dispute this. Even my 'Ross'i pals completely agree. 

'Mandy' on another thread has already said it bud, but you do seem to be morphing into 'wosi'. Shame. Real shame.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices