Skip to content

General Last Ride (of the year) General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Last Ride (of the year)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Last Ride (of the year)

"I don't go out when it's below 5" said I, to BR and Vulc yesterday.  Ha.  Famous last words, I thought today, as we rode through a village showing 5 degrees, and we then went higher up into the mountains.  Thank goodness for winter kit and heated grips!

Had a couple of other bikers with us today.  The guy on the Ducati was fine, but the guy on the BMW kept falling well behind.  When we got to the bar for breakfast, it turned out that his hands were so cold, he could barely ride.  Then I noticed that he was wearing normal jeans!  Took him ages to find his willy when he went for a pee.

Turns out that these pair have over 50 bikes between them.  Mostly old Bultaco's and stuff like that.  Insurance is only 30 euros a year on bikes over 25 years old.  Hmmm.  Might hang on to mine a bit longer then!

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 December 2012 14:08)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Feckin' Bike

There's nowt worse than leaving the cafe, everyone kitted up and then 1 bike won't start. :upset:

Yes there is - when it's my bike.:mad:

Managed to drain the battery while we were in the caff, to the extent that the fob wouldn't cancel the alarm system, so nothing would go.  Normally, when the fob plays up, I know what to do, but it didn't work this time.  Took a while to work out what was wrong, but with 5 blokes looking at it, I just played dumb and left them to it.  Finally managed to bump start it, then the alarm went off "someone's stealing me2.  Managed to switch it off, then everything worked fine after that. :biggrin:

Feckin thing.
(Must check out the wiring on the heated grips...)

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Feckin' Road

Went down a new route on the way back.

O.   M.   G.
This is the worst road I have ridden down in 5 years (excluding the 300 yard track outside our house).  The asphalt was breaking up, leaving a terrible combination of pot-holes and loose stones.  EVIL.  Every corner was a challenge and every straight was a nightmare.  We had about 5 miles of it.

The funniest part, was when the lead bike stopped, because he thought he had a puncture (yes, it WAS that bad) and everyone stopped behind him.  I thought there was going to be a domino of bikes crashing into each other!  :shock: However - we were all such good riders, that didn't happen. :wink:

The rest of the journey home was interesting - everyone had that many stones in their treads, we were all flicking stones out at each other!!  (Quite amusing at 120 trying to avoid the incoming)

Fun day though.  Now need to wash the bike down, ready for next year.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"as we rode through a village showing 5 degrees"

sounds like you could've done with a "Pashmina Scarf" and "a lovely pair of leggins" :biggrin:

seriously tho, sounds like it was a bit of an epic, glad you got going again( how many blokes do you need to start a bike? :biggrin:) and didn't kill each other with road shrapnel, or die of hyperthermia.

A large glass or three of wine is now in order me thinks:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I was going

to go out. Then I realised that it's wet, I've nowhere to go and I really am not in the mood.

5 degrees isn't cold! Unless you're an idiot on a BMW (yes, I'm an idiot who rides a BMW... and I swore I'd never have another just before I bought it).

EDIT And of course you mean 120 KPH, don't you :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Shrapnel

It really was like being shot at.  Thank god it was winter, so I wasn't in a T-shirt and shorts.

Ooops.  My bad, just remembered the last stretch of road is a 100 limit, not 120, so we must have been doing that.  (ish):wink: :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

blimey.......

looks like the OK Coral.....did everybody disappear when you Gringos rolled into town !?!....:huh:.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

nice pics

Well you can tell its not the uk. If it was the streets would be littered with cars and crowds of people wondering about with plastic shopping bags making the most of the January sales cuz they can't think of anything better to do with their sad little lives. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

in fact........................

how many of you were there, something familiar..:unsure:.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Stevebaldy

That's what we look like in the summer!!   :lol:

Jonny - shops here aren't open on Sundays.  Roads are pretty empty, so a ride out is a good idea :sunglasses:

There were lots of locals inside the bar and  another bike arrived later, so we didn't scare everyone off.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices