Skip to content

Discuss This No brand new Ducati for Sepang test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No brand new Ducati for Sepang test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No brand new Ducati for Sepang test

Hopes that Ducati could mount an instant recovery from a disastrous two-year spell with Valentino Rossi have suffered an early blow after Andrea Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden confirmed they wouldn’t be testing an all-new Desmosedici machine in the forthcoming Sepang test in Malaysia. The bike the Italian and American will test when the winter preparations resume in Sepang on February 5...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 13:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Rossi could have stated for the money... Maybe we r now seeing why he thought that was a bad idea.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

I must admit I don't buy into this 'waiting to get the new riders feedback before audi pump in their resources' suggestion either. Surely the development test team should be busy and have their own clear feedback on the way in which the back should be going - otherwise what's the point in employing them? Whilst I appreciate every rider has their own particular preferences - I severely doubt this apparent strategy of waiting would be what the japanese manufacturers would do. I realise they will have been working on things in the background - but why not bring those to the table at the next test too and do back to back comparisons? My only conclusion is that those things aren't yet ready and they are on the back foot yet again - somewhat confirmed by the quote 'motivated to make up for lost time'. Also someone below suggested that they are discounting Hayden's feedback or something along those lines - thats a bit ridiculous to me - granted I wouldn't class him as one of the great MotoGP champions, but he was one nevertheless and was, on very few occasions, able to run with Stoner and even beat him on the same bike - even doing that is fairly respectable in my mind and is therefore a person worth listening too.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Bulto

What pisses me off is this constant assertion that only Rossi can develop a bike

I don't think anyone is saying that Bulto.
Yes Rossi's development skills are probably better than some other riders but we are talking about the current Ducati which no rider at any stage since 07 has managed to develop properly into a regular winner which more than one rider can ride.
I also think that people are quite correct when they say the current crop of Ducati riders will not manage to make progress unless there are drastic changes and even then it may not work either.

Please try to be more rational!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

What pisses me off is this constant assertion that only Rossi can develop a bike

I don't think anyone is saying that Bulto.

Yes they are because everytime someone mentions seeing how Ducati fair with feedback from their new riders the same statement is thrown back - if Rossi couldn't fix it they won't be able to.

That is exactly what they are saying

You even have Burgess now saying Yamaha brought Rossi back because they didn't think Lorenzo or Spies were up to the job of keeping the M1 at the front - unless what I read was a spoof interview, that's what he said.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

well bulto

Just wait and we will soon find out the answer to that won't we.
I will remind you later in the season just how your hatred of Rossi is clouding your judgment.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

Stop banging the same drum - nowhere have I layed any accusations against Rossi

Rossi fanboys, to use Wosi's favoured expression, are stating that if he couldn't sort the Ducati out, no-one can.

So does that imply that he's the only decent development rider or doesn't it?

Who knows whether the new Ducati riders can help Ducati sort out the bike. All Dovi said is that he's prepared to work hard at understanding the bike and then work with Ducati to see how to solve whatever problems they identify. He's looking for results wiithin the 2 year period, not to mount an immediate podium challenge which seems a pragmatic approach to me.

On the other hand, one of the 3 new riders may just be able to ride the bike to whatever its full potential is and who knows what that is until they try. That's probably why they're continuing with the same bike at the Sepang tests in order to get a fresh evaluation of what they have from 3 new riders...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices