Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi and Marquez Prove Their Worth: MotoGP Session 3 Results MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi and Marquez Prove Their Worth: MotoGP Session 3 Results

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

Rossi and Marquez Prove Their Worth: MotoGP Session 3 Results

The opening MotoGP test session of 2013 has finished in Sepang today, with the final timesheets showing a hint of a tantalising season ahead. Dani Pedrosa drew first blood of the winter testing campaign after topping the timesheets on each day. The Repsol Honda rider improved to a 2.01.000 in searing heat and humidity today to edge out reigning world champion...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 February 2013 10:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

Nostro

Gonna eat shit whole year

Reply to this Topic
ripper50

Sep 12

ripper50 says:

Solid Performance

Good solid performance from both ... also good outing for Crutchlow and Smith

Oh yeah .. Nostro - you can fucken bite it ; )

Reply to this Topic
DogBert

Jan 13

DogBert says:

Who said this?

What they haven't noticed though is the fact Rossi regularly featured in the top half dozen of a Friday G.P on the Ducati just to slip further down the board as the quick boys geared it up the following day.

No slipping back now. Steady progression for the whole three days. Almost makes you think that there might just be something wrong with those red bikes.

Or maybe that "talent ceiling" has suddenly collapsed in the same remarkable way it flew up two years ago.

Or maybe, there's a third option?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Pedrosa 0.156sec faster than he was this time last year, Rossi 0.282sec faster than he was on the Ducati at the same test. He's gone from being 0.568sec slower on the Duc to 0.442sec slower on the Yam than Pedrosa... interesting.

Marquez - scary performance - is he human?

Smith - needs to keep improving... he was quicker yesterday than today... never mind, pick up again at the next test.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Hedge

the important part is rossi is only .113 off the current world champ and the guy on the same bike. After 2 years of riding a bike that we have all been able to see he hated, didn't trust and couldn't understand. After 2 years of wondering whether he still had it in him to run with guys 5 years younger than him. He got back on the yamaha and proved he could. There's a long way to go but this is beyond my expectation. With Marquez so strong we have a genuinely interesting title fight ahead of us. I just hope the races deliver.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Dogbert

Third option ?   I think Ducati's success  was due to the enigma that was Casey Stoner.  Without that phenomenon there would never have been any success.  We are now seeing the birth of another phenomenon in young Marquez.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hedgehog

Can you be a little less negative please ?  You seem to be the  ''glass half empty'' type.

Reply to this Topic
ReturnoftheKing46

Feb 13

Yes, Rossi is indeed back in business...

Almost two year since I dropped this entire website; both viewing it and posting on it, and I have returned, as has Rossi, to see the same posts by the same people, lmao. A big shout to everyone who supported Rossi through what is now history, forgotten, who cares and the worst time in his career. I personally think it was just 'wrong rider for the wrong bike'. Nuff said. But I don't see Dovi or Hayden braking the Desmo's back to be podium contenders either. Rossi did his best and Ducati let him down. Never mind moving on.... The most miserable man in Motogp has now left the sport. Yes he will be missed from the sheer battles he could have had with Marquez and now Rossi again but he was basically a spoilt brat too big for his boots. Good luck on 4 wheels Stoner. Motogp is finally back to the best it can be with our man Crutchlow up there and at least 4 riders capable of winning straight away. Great stuff. Looking forward to it starting now. Thank God the last two years are over. Now I'm a huge Hayden fan and Dovi but very dedicated to Ducati too. I hope they come good but it will take a whole new approach and new bike now. And as for Nostradamus, lmao, he's been living in a dream land for a while now and might as well go posting about V8 racing now his heroes gone.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Hedge

Still bitter and twisted about gone fishing. Will you be watching the most important test of the year so far = 1st test of the V8's down under! 

Pedrosa is on a different plannet at the moment and was unlucky last year not to win the title. What you have to do is compare Rossi with Jorge as they are on the same bike and that is a shade of a nats cock. Not bad after two years on the best bike on the grid. Marquez only 0.5 back of Pedrosa is a great effort

Bet Dovi had wished Cal got the Duke ride now. Or has Dovi lost his talent over the winter!!

Bye Bye hedge and nostro you are clutching at straws now!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Zogg...

"the important part is rossi is only .113 off the current world champ and the guy on the same bike"

... & he was 0.626 last year... he's found half a second over his team mate but only a 10th on Pedrosa. He's gone from 0.3 to 0.2 faster than Cal on the privateer version of the bike... what does that prove?... nothing (you only have to look back 12 months to see how meaningless it all is)... it's just interesting at this stage.

Saturn - "Can you be a little less negative please ?  You seem to be the  ''glass half empty'' type."

Sorry to sound negative but this time last year everyone was saying how brilliant the test went for him at only .0.5 off Pedrosa's factory Honda... & what's everybody saying this year? Racing's where it counts... let's leave the celebrating until there something to celebrate about.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices