Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna in talks with BBC over new MotoGP TV deal

Talks that could see live coverage of the MotoGP world championship remain on the BBC beyond 2013 are underway. The Beeb’s current five-year deal expires at the end of the this year and Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta confirmed to MCN that the Spanish-based rights owners are in discussions with other interested parties as well as the BBC. He refused to name potential...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 February 2013 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

brian

Cant afford sky tv so if  moto gp goes over thats it for me.and itv thats crap with all the adverts,bbc please.

Reply to this Topic
marcopolo46

Feb 13

marcopolo46 says:

BBC NO!!!  The coverage is horrible, cringeworthy even. eurosport all the way. i even wait an hour to watch on eurosport as i can't stand the bbc bunch. they dont have a clue what there talking about. i feel sorry for all fans of the sport who have to watch on bbc. get the cheapest sky package and eurosports only a pound a month. best money you will spend all year.

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

BBC, Oh no!

Pros
They interview riders on the grid
Matt does a good job

Cons
Azi cant get her words out and is clueless (sorry Azi)
Cox - the clue is in his name. How many more times can he say "nightmare in a bubble car" or what ever the hilarious comment is. Very annoying man means I cant watch it on BBC…..ever
Coverage is always very rushed and never shows moto 2 or 3 etc. Put it on BBC 3 and do it properly

I go with eurosport every time, its just a shame they cant have anyone on the grid etc. Best if Sky left it alone as it will become a circus, although dare I say it - Sky F1 coverage is pretty good.

Reply to this Topic
Patsfalco

Sep 12

Patsfalco says:

BBC?

I won't pay for Sky in any case, but to be honest I don't mind if they were to get it.

Although we're all keen to see some racing on TV when we've been starved of it for the winter, we should cast our minds back to how utterly boring MotoGP was to watch last year; it has been the same for the past few seasons now.

So if the beeb lose it, it'll save hours of our weekends when we could do something useful, like go ride a motorbike. Moto3 and Moto2 are fine on the red button, especially without parrish and Cox, not to mention  the 'jokes' of Matt and Cal.

Reply to this Topic
zx6biker

Dec 03

zx6biker says:

Moto GP Coverage

Here we go again, 2 years ago we had Dorna messing around with TV rights and it's back again. Personally, I much prefer British Eurosport and we may have to protest again as we did then for Eurosport to keep it. On British Eurosport we get all free practice, qualifying and races live apart from the delayed Motogp, I can put up with that but it seems very unfair to Eurosport seeing they have covered the championship so well for many years. I had Eursosport back in 1998 in analogue for the racing and they were showing it then and free to air. Also you know when the repeats are going to be shown unlike the hit and miss red button of the BBC when you have to take a chance of when they are being shown.
Some say they don't like the adverts, what adverts? When it is shown on British Eurosport 2, and most rounds are, there are no adverts during the races, only in between races, the same applies to BSB and WSB. When on British Eurosport there can be adverts but are not like ITV's marathon ads, being 2 minutes at the most. God forbid if ITV get it.
Sadly, the BBC has little dedication to this superb sport. Yes it is free but I would rather pay for a better service which I do. Not only do I get Motogp but all other championships all live, that's 45 rounds this year which equates to just £8.60 per round at my subscription rate and that's in HD as well.
 Another thing to remember for this year, the BBC now has only one red button channel both on terrestrial freeview and satellite, so how much is actually going to be shown if there is their wretched football, cricket, and any other ball game that they want to show? Oh I also forgot horse racing. I think some who support the BBC may be disappointed.
By all means, if people want the BBC coverage and do not want to pay Sky, then so beit, but Dorna, give us the choice of what we want to do, leave things as they are, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Frankly, I've very little faith in Carmela Espeleta.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices